IX

Alver lay on his bed like a normal being for the first time after speaking with Cale Henituse. What did he mean by "normal being"? It's because he's never laid his back on the mattress earlier than he normally does. He let out a sigh. His conversation with wCale Henituse replayed in his mind.

His adorable reactions.

His crude but direct words.

His arrogant declarations.

He recalls everything.

It's the first time someone hasn't suckered up to him and instead struck a deal for something else..

"Nephew."

He looked at his aunt with his head tilted to the side.

"Ah, Aunt... Could you please prepare a golden plaque?"

Tasha was taken aback at first and inquired, "To whom will you be giving it?"

"Cale Henituse," he says.

His tone of voice was gentle and kind. He didn't know who he was, but he used to mock Cale Henituse's name. He valued appearances above all else, and he met someone who couldn't care less.

But that damn bastard he thought gave him so many chances in his lifetime?

He couldn't figure out why he was acting this way. He'll never understand why he'd go to such lengths to do this. He is capable of leading a normal life. He can continue living his trash life.

He didn't have to go so far as to help the people around him or pave the way for the opportunities he had been looking for.

"Do you have faith in him?"

That question made him consider whether or not he trusted that person.

"I'm not sure."

This was the first time he had felt this way about someone.

He had to admit that Cale Henituse had a sharp mind. He can guess that he can rake thousands of plans on the spot. He admits to seeing how this person can gradually control the kingdom without lifting a finger.

He should be cautious.

He should be on high alert and keep a safe distance from him.

But he is unable to.

Cale Henituse could become the most dangerous man in his path.

He can't, however.

"You're beaming."

He looked at his aunt, who gave him a soft grin. Alver pressed his lips together and looked at his aunt.

"Is he really that interesting?"

"A lot."

"Then you can trust him."

He was surprised.

"You smiling would mean he piqued your interest."

She meant that Cale Henituse could become his closest confidante because their goals are similar.

"I am in a position where I could be betrayed."

"From the looks of him, he appeared to be someone trustworthy..."

Alver was about to respond, but Tasha interrupted him.

"That boy had this way of attracting nice people to himself. You can't start a relationship without taking a risk."

Okay, that sounded ominous. Alver decided to act as if he hadn't heard anything..

The people who surround Cale are mysterious, but they prioritize his safety over the royal family's. That was something he saw. Alver knew that.