XVII

[CALE HENITUSE'S POV]

Alver Crossman is distancing himself from him. Cale suddenly realized the changes that happened around him. Especially the Crown Prince's cold demeanor while discussing matters with him.

"My Lord, is there something wrong?"

Ron cautiously asked. Cale looked at his butler.

"You seem to be lost in thought."

What a sharp, vicious old man.

"There's nothing wrong... Have you completed what I ordered you?" said Cale, shaking his head.

Even the bastard crown prince dispatched him to Caro Kingdom. He appeared to be determined to keep a safe distance from him.

He should be happy, but...

He doesn't seem to be used to it.

"Damn it..." What's the matter with me?

He pondered and decided to put an end to all of his thoughts about Alver Crossman.

They're just one of the contract partners for the throne and his peaceful slacker life..

[ALVER CROSSMAN'S POV]

The Northern Alliance started to move.

He was debating whether or not to call Cale, which he did ten times. He simply left a voice mail and began to move in accordance with their plans. It's better to be safe and start early.

He looked over at Cale, who appeared to be doing well.

He, who used to be majestic and spotless, was now leaning back in his chair, his hair a tangle. Anyway, the headache has vanished now that he has seen this lovely face. Though such a bastard gives him lifetime chills and unending headaches, his presence seemed to be a cure for it.

"My heart is hurting seeing you like this, your highness."

"Bullshit."

He was about to say something else when he noticed Cale's poor appearance and decided not to. They're in the same boat. It's either die or sink. Either way, they're doomed on the same shit. In either case, they're doomed on the same shit.

"We saw the Paerun Kingdom's knights going into Norland."

Paerun, Norland, and Askosan.

These were the names of the three kingdoms in the Northern Alliance. Of the three, Norland was the kingdom to the north of the Forest of Darkness. They would be bordering the Roan Kingdom if the Forest of Darkness did not exist.

"After delivering that information, the informant destroyed the video communication device."

One of Norland's Dark Elves was the informant sent to him.

"The fact that his elemental hasn't returned appears to indicate that he is still alive."

"He will return alive."

Alberu returned to the topic at hand, smiling at Cale's response.

"I am currently working with the Breck Kingdom to see if some of the Paerun Knights have also defected to Askosan."

With the Gorge of Death separating them, Askosan was the closest kingdom to the Breck Kingdom.

"It appears that the Paerun Knights went to Askosan as well."

"Indeed."

However, something is wrong with their current situation.

"Something is weird."