VIII

Alver could see that Cale Henituse suddenly had an expression of disbelief as he answered back. As he looked at him, his cheeks puffed up and his eyes were puzzled. He looked like a cute chipmunk.

"...I am human?"

It was an expression that asked why he was asking such a stupid question. He sighed subconsciously. There's nothing wrong with double-checking that everything is fine.

"Sigh. Of course, you're human."

He continued to speak while pointing at both of them.

"Both you and I are human."

Although, I'm a quarter not.

Cale appeared to be struggling to keep his cool. Alver had to applaud him for remaining calm after hinting at this. He had a feeling Cale Henituse was suspicious of his origin. He should know by now that this man is not someone to cross paths with. Even if he 'dislikes' this person, he should avoid getting on their bad side.

"You are correct; there isn't much to be human about."

Things he noticed during the banquet at the plaza.

"At the banquet hall, I thought I was mistaken, but there are some strange smells around you."

"...Smell?"

Cale was taken aback.

"I just took a shower."

That's why he smells even better, but there's this odor.

After Cale's retort, he can't help but open and close his mouth a few more times without saying anything.

Why did I think his scent was pleasant?

He frowned, causing his wrinkles to appear. He was thinking about matters. He chose to remain calm rather than agitated. Since Cale Henituse dislikes beating around the bush, he should stop doing that too.

"I don't think it's necessary for two people as similar as us to try to sugarcoat things; so, what do you want as your reward?"

He asked the redhead while crossing his arms. He was late, but Cale Henituse appeared to be aware that he had been dealing with everything in the aftermath of the incident. Also, he had to look at the file containing information about him.

However, there was nothing on Cale. Well, there was something, but it was useless.

It simply stated that Cale Henituse was a trash who enjoyed drinking and partying. That was even worse than not knowing anything at all. The Cale in front of him.

There were more slanderous rumors, but he chose to ignore them and focus on his actions as trash and a drunkard.

Consider the way he responded to his question.

"Your highness, can you please explain what I will need to do for you first?"

There was no way trash would ask such a question. Alver responded truthfully.

"I want you to say nothing to the nobles."

Appearances matter. He was well aware that this would be the most difficult task. It also demonstrates that the royal family was willing to stake Cale's reward on it. The crown could not afford to have that incident reflect negatively on their position of power.

That was why he was asking Cale for this, and he was able to do so because Cale was a member of the Henituse family, which was not affiliated with any faction.

"I also want you to praise the crown every so often if you are asked."

"Including speaking about your very understanding nature, your highness?"