XXII

"As expected... this is only one of the reasons I'm madly in love with you."

Silence....

"What?"

What the fuck did he just say?

Alver raised his hand subconsciously to cover his face. He became terrified when he realized he had said that aloud. His thoughts were so scattered that he didn't realize he'd confessed in the worst way possible.

He moved his hand slowly and looked at Cale, who had a flushed face and cheeks.

"wha..."

He looked at him. Cale is standing still. He just stood there, looking surprised.

"Your Highness...."

Alver looked at him. He's patiently waiting for Cale to say something. However, it appears that it is the other way around. The redhead remained deafeningly silent.

"Just what is all about love?"

Alver was returned to him. Cale gave him a direct stare. It's obvious, and it's heartbreaking. As if Cale had no idea what that was..

"You asked me about love."

His gaze had softened to the point where looking into his eyes was painful. "Cale... Dongsaeng..."

"..."

He made the decision to confess once and for all.

"It wasn't until you came into my life that I realized the true meaning of the word," he admitted, unable to deny his deep desire for his closeness and affection any longer. "Love is not a choice, and it is certainly not something that can be controlled; my love for you is like an unstoppable, wild storm; it may end up destroying me from within, but it will not change the fact that you have always been my destiny."

At least for me, you are my destiny.

If Cale turned him down. He hoped Cale would at the very least appreciate it. Alver was well aware that a relationship between two men was unacceptable. In this world, cut sleeves are an abhorrent existence.

A simple thank you or expression of appreciation would suffice.

"Your Highness, you're confused."

*cracks*

The moment Alver heard those words, he felt a searing pain in his heart. "I am the closest person to you, of course you'd be confused," Cale said.

He couldn't believe the logical Cale was making excuses right now..

"We should return, your Highness... We need to discuss this thoroughly... You could be sick..."

Cale moved quickly and dragged Alver above him.

Alver was stunned and speechless at the outcome of his confession.

"Don't confess your love until you are certain of it; not everyone has the same level of understanding; your duty in life is more important than your love, and you must play every honest role to justify it."

He knew... and yet... This is still so painful...

Alver slaps Cale's hand away. His shoulder swung back and forth.

He looked at Cale, flustered, but...

"Don't make fun of my emotions.""

Cale's eyes widened the moment he said those words.

"A simple thank you would have sufficed..."

He didn't tell him how he felt for him to say this to him.