XXXIV

"Cale, I know you are content with His Highness, but..."

Cale observed his father hesitating to share his thoughts with him. He smiled slightly, realizing what his father was trying to say.

"I know, Father," he replied.

Cale was aware of the controversy surrounding their relationship long after the Battle of Sealed God. He was well aware that it would harm Alver's reputation and undermine his claim to the throne. He was well aware of the repercussions, and—

He was well aware that Alver was attempting to propose to him.

Deruths was well aware that Cale was already well aware of everything. He can do anything for his son, and he has been preparing everything for him and his highness to be together.

"Please know that I and your family will always be there for you."

Cale smiled at his father and nodded.

"Thank you very much, Father."

Cale has made his decision from the beginning. He had already made the decision for both himself and Alver, and he was confident that Alver would accept it.

Tomorrow is the day Alver will be proud to be a quarter Dark-elf.

He left his father's office and made his way to the tower. Raon was already waiting for him..

"I will be going there by myself," he said, a small smile on his face.

"Just call me Human if you are going home," Raon said quietly. He is concerned about the current state of affairs, but he remains silent.

Cale entered the palace and proceeded to the Palace of Joy. For the first time, he did not consider entering through the window and instead used the door properly.

He is well aware that Alver will propose to him today.

The roses in the palace garden bloom beautifully. The red color, along with the white ones, highlighted a beautiful pathway to the pagoda. There stood Alver in his dark-elf form, wearing normal clothes.

Cale smiled as he called out to him, "Alver."

Alver Crossman turned around and smiled the moment he sees him.

Cale remained in his position. Instead, he remained on the pathway as he gaze at the man he so love.

Please, let me be with him one last time until we can be together again.

.

.

Alver looks at Cale, who is still standing in the distance. He could tell what Cale was up to right away. His coronation as Emperor takes place tomorrow. Cale was certain that he would propose today.

And Cale...

He will decline him for a reason.

"Is not it a beautiful moon tonight?"

"Yes, but it is not as lovely as you."

Alver examined the ring box in his hand. He pondered whether he should continue, but his love is too strong to give up right now.

"Cale," he says as he approaches him.

Cale is looking at him with a bitter smile. As if he is made up his mind about everything.

Alver knew that if they did not act, all of their hard work would be for naught. That's why—

Cale will undoubtedly tell him that it is better to stop now rather than destroy all of their hard work later.