Chapter 18 - Part 2

"Please keep him out of trouble," I said to Kaiden as he walked me to the front door.

I didn't need him to do any more damage than he had already done. Who knows if I would even get out of the mess he had already created. I felt like I was getting a head ache and I rubbed the back of my neck.

"I will. Promise me you will be careful with Angel," Kaiden warned. "I know you trust him and don't think he is capable of being deceitful but I know him better than most people. And I trust my gut. He is up to something."

I turned to face my brother. "Angel wouldn't do something underhanded like that. I don't know why you think he would use me."

It was like we were talking about two different people.

"You think you know everything about Angel but you don't."

Why was he being so cagey?

"Fine. Tell me something I don't know about him."

Come on. I had known him practically my whole life, there wasn't anything my brother could tell me that I didn't already know about him.

My brother studied me for a few moments.

"He had a brother."

I frowned. There was no way that could be true. A brother.

"A brother?" I echoed, in disbelief.

Kaiden nodded. "Yeah."

A brother.

"That's not possible." I couldn't believe it.

How on Earth did I not know this?

"Ask him about it."

I was married to him for goodness sake, I had grown up with him. How did I not know he had a brother?

"I will." My confidence in Angel was shaken, allowing the doubts my brother was raising to take hold with more substance that before.

My brother touched my arm and my eyes lifted to meet his. "If you need anything you can call me anytime, night or day. I don't want you to feel like you're in this alone because you aren't."

I nodded. "Thanks," I murmured.

When I left the apartment with Jack beside me, my mind was still reeling. How could I not know that Angel had a sibling? It was mind blowing that I didn't not know that very important detail and it made question how well I knew Angel at all. How much older had his brother been?

I searched through all the memories I had of Angel trying to see some hint of what my brother had revealed and I came up with nothing to substantiate his information.

When I got back to the house I had made my mind up to confront my new husband but I couldn't find him anywhere. I was going to give him the chance to tell me before I did anything like search it up on the internet.

My mind sank down into the doubt that I had managed to keep from taking over up to this point. I had brushed my brother's concerns off as nothing but what if they weren't.

I didn't like how the uncertainty made me feel. It was made worse by the fact that I was in love with him. Now there was a chance I was hopelessly in love with someone who was using me and that made me feel worse than the thought of him not being able to love him.

All the uncertainty made me go up to the room where Angel had kept my boxes. Maybe this was as good as any time to go through them. I wasn't just after the memories they held I hoped I would find something in the stuff that my mother had kept that might shed some more light on the death of Angel's brother.