Ep.5 (Part 3) [End of Season 1]

[--Aimer and Yumei's POV--]

(As they walk through the corridor while going to the Nebula Division...)

Yumei : I'm sorry. It seems I interrupted your conversation.

Aimer : No, it's okay. Don't worry about it.

Yumei : By the way, what were you guys talking about?

Aimer : Nothing in particular.

Yumei : Are you sure?

Aimer : ...

Aimer : Hey, there's something I don't understand.

Yumei : What is it?

Aimer : I know that Zeno was happy when he was with Reyna, but then he said that he hates her now that she's dead. I also know that it's a lie, but why does Zeno keeps saying that he hates Reyna even though he doesn't?

Yumei : Oh...

Yumei : Aimer, haven't you heard about Zeno's past?

Aimer : His past?

Yumei : Zeno's auntie, Celeste, was a close friend of mine that also works here in MIRA HQ. One time when we were talking about work...

---------------------Flashback---------------------

[Scene : MIRA Corp 57th Floor - Main Cafeteria]

(Regardless of the huge area of one of the main cafeterias in MIRA, it's occupied by a small portion of people since the time's past lunchbreak. Among of the silent crowd, there are two people who are close in terms of connection, sitting on opposite sides. One person takes a sip of the coffee they ordered and puts the glass cup back on the table after taking a sip. She then slowly opens her eyes and asks something about her dearest relative.)

Celeste : By the way, how's my nephew doing in your team?

Yumei : He's okay. But he always excludes himself to us. More like he wants to work alone.

Celeste : I see. He still haven't changed, huh?

(Celeste looks at the side, showing a sorrowful expression.)

Yumei : Haven't changed?

Celeste : In the past, he had a friend named Gaiden he used to hang out when he was at his teens. Every time Gaiden invites Zeno to hang out, he would always go to me excitedly to ask permission since his parents are working abroad. And every time he comes home after their hang out, he would always tell all the recent events that happened with a cheerful smile. Sounds different compared to the Zeno you know right now, doesn't it?

Yumei : Yeah, definitely. So what made him become like this today, then?

Celeste : ...

Celeste : Gaiden...got caught up in a construction accident.

Yumei : !

Celeste : They were hanging out at the time, and Zeno waited for him. After a few hours, he came back home with a pitiful look on his face. I immediately knew something was wrong.

Celeste : Days passed by and he still had that sorrowful expression. Out of nowhere, Gaiden's parents rang up the door. Then the both of us... received that devastating message.

Yumei : That Gaiden died?

Celeste : Yeah. It was a shock for me and he was shocked as well. I guess he didn't know about it and misunderstood about something else. He quickly ran to his room, meekly.