Ep.17 (Part 2)

Lucid : Wait, you do actually have someone?

Lyrith : What nonsense are you saying?!

(Perhaps from the fact that Lucid is questioning his love life made him impulsively defend himself. It was a natural reaction for Lyrith as a human.)

Cephira : Huh?!

Lucid : Looks like I hit the bullseye.

Lyrith : No, no, you've got it all wrong!

Cephira : What's the meaning of this, Lyrith?!

(The woman who just recently composed herself instantly went back on being loud and protesting her irritation.)

Lyrith : I swear I don't have anyone! It's just...

(He stops for a while, and slowly lowers his volume as he goes on.)

Lyrith : I have a... crush on... someone. Ahh, for God's sake, this is so embarassing!

(Cephira became dumbfounded after hearing his answer. She widens her eyes while she's at a loss of words. It emitted literal denial, her face. Lyrith, however, looks embarassed when he just unveiled his secret love life. Since he was new at this kind of thing, it was to be expected that he would act in this way.)

Cephira : ...

Flos : No way...

(Flos was also taken aback by that statement. He knew Lyrith for years so he was very sure of what he said earlier about Lyrith not having someone he likes, but it seems that is not the case. The truth can be shocking sometimes, especially if you're already persuaded by something.)

Cephira : Just as I suspected! I don't have any worthless allies in this team! Screw all of you!

(She went out from the room, slamming the door before leaving. After she left, silence crowded the room as if Cephira was the only loud person in the office.)

Lucid : And there she goes...

Flos : You could've sugarcoated your words, Lyrith.

Lyrith : I-I was about to, but my body just acted on its own!

Lucid : Don't worry, you already know how it rolls when this happens. She will be back after calming down for 32 minutes and 48 seconds.

Flos : As always, I find your sense of accuracy to be very creepy.

Lucid : Wouldn't hurt to be specific, yes?

Flos : Well, you got a point, but...

Lucid : Still, it's pretty unexpected of you to have someone you like, Lyrith. I thought you were the type of guy who isn't interested at these sorts of things. Even I am surprised.

(It was indeed surprising when they knew Lyrith had a love interest that he kept in secret because the Lyrith they've always known in the past up until now wasn't interested in romance, just like what Lucid said.)

Lyrith : I also didn't expect this to happen. After seeing this one girl, I... my um... ahh, I can't explain it!

Flos : Who's this girl we're talking about here?

Lyrith : ...

(He pauses for a bit, deciding if whether he says the name or not. In the end, his decision was influenced by the pressure around him. Though, it wasn't like Lucid and Flos had the intention to put him in a corner like that, they simply just wanted to know. And it may seem like Haze isn't listening because he's playing, but he's actually paying full attention to their conversation; he had an indirect way of sensing things, after all.)

(Not long, Lyrith reaches his conclusion and takes off the lollipop from his mouth.)

Lyrith : Rozen.

Lucid : Oh?

Flos : The one from the Nebula Division?

Lyrith : Yeah... Aghh, can't we stop this conversation concerning my love life?!

Haze : Nice choice.

Lucid : Huh... So your type is those kind of women. Interesting.

Lyrith : Is there something wrong with that?

Lucid : Not really. It's just making me think that I don't really know you that well.

Flos : Same. Good luck, dude.

Lyrith : Give me a break, you guys.

(He takes a seat on the chair at his desk, letting his body drop in an exhausted manner especially after all of the unintentional pressure he dealt inside.)

Lucid : Hahaha.

Flos : That's right, where are the others?

Lucid : Kriva is at Altair Library as always.

Lyrith : That's already a given. You know very well that she reads books all the time. I feel like among the people in our team, she's the most knowledgeable one.

Flos : Though I kinda wish for her to hang out with us once in a while. It's actually been a long time.

Lucid : And as for Misene...

Flos : Ah, of course. She would hang out with her...

[Scene : 57th Floor - Main Cafeteria]

(Vera sips her coffee elegantly as she closes her eyes. After taking a sip, she places her cup of coffee on the table and goes with a short period of silence, probably engraving the taste of the coffee to her mind.)

Vera : Stop staring at me. It's too annoying.

(Across her seat at the table is a woman in a black uniform who's staring at Vera since a while ago.)

Misene : You know...

Misene : You're such a pain in the ass.

(Vera opens her eyes, giving Misene a fearsome look in response to what she said.)

Vera : What...?

[To Be Continued]