Chapter 68 - 69

Chapter 68 Beauty

He has grown up so much, he has counted countless people, but he has never counted Xia Xianning. Luo Yingbai felt nervous for no reason, and placed three barriers around his body to prevent Xia Xianning from being noticed by others. Place the cards and start the hexagram.

He repeated the familiar movements three times before he got it right, and finally a divination card popped out, Luo Yingbai rubbed his face vigorously with both hands to cheer himself up, and then picked up the divination card.

Seeing the words on it, he tightened his fingers first - at least it's not blank, which means that Xia Xianning does have someone he likes.

Luo Yingbai didn't know what he was expecting. He nervously raised the divination card in front of him and found that a judgment poem suddenly appeared on it.

He whispered:

"When the mirror goes away with people, the mirror returns to people and never returns. But now the shadow of the moon is falling, and my heart is shining brightly."

This...the first two sentences are the story of reunion after a broken mirror in Wei Shu's "New Records of Two Capitals".

Luo Yingbai is knowledgeable and talented, and he knows all kinds of allusions. Seeing these few words, the mood of anticipation that was faintly held just now suddenly sank, and his heart was depressed.

The so-called "reunion through a broken mirror, split hairpins and reunite tin, and find red foil from the embroidered household again", this reunion through a broken mirror tells the story of Xu Deyan, a family member of Prince Chen of the Southern Dynasty, and his wife, Princess Lechang, who were separated after the country was broken, and reunited after being married by others. Appearing here is precisely hinting that Xia Xianning separated because of an accident after making love with the person he likes.

The last two sentences are "Now the shadow of the moon is falling, and my heart is shining brightly." The shadow of the moon falls from the sky, and the person he likes is very likely to be a god or fairy. It has not yet started, there is still a gap in the middle, it is still unknown whether the relationship will be officially confirmed.

Luo Yingbai said to herself in disbelief: "I don't know anything yet, they are already broken mirrors?!"

Looking back on Xia Xianning's performance, he really couldn't think of when he met the person he liked, but since even Luo Yingbai didn't notice it, then the other person might really be a god or fairy.

Luo Yingbai was pondering, when he suddenly felt a strong force break through his barrier, and hit the divination card in his hand with a speed that was as fast as lightning.

That magic power was too familiar, he realized almost at that time that Xia Xianning had sensed that someone was prying into his heart, and fought back.

The strength of the two people was almost the same. Luo Yingbai was lazy by nature and had poor physique. His physical strength and endurance were not as good as Xia Xianning's, but in terms of magic skills alone, he was even slightly better than his junior brother. He immediately rolled off the bed to avoid it. Attacking, he clasped his fingers together to form a lotus seal, and used a Buddhist spell to block Xia Xianning's counterattack.

Taking this opportunity, Luo Yingbai clenched his fist hard, and the divination card in his hand turned into ashes. Xia Xianning was unable to search for the breath, and naturally could not carry out subsequent attacks.