Chapter 7 // A Night to Remember

Author's note~~~
This chapter goes hand in hand with chapter 38 of 'Flowers for football.'

Junior year / Age 17...

"Bitch, I—"

"Don't call me a bitch," Hayden counters dramatically, holding a hand to his heart like the statement was a gunshot wound.

"Fine, motherfucker. If you would—"

"Vinny!" Hayden exclaims, punching him on the shoulder.

"Hayde—"

"No, you shut the hell up and listen to me, mister!" Hayden huffs. "This is some fucking bullshit. I didn't take your stupid-ass, bitch-ass to prom for you to be a little dickhead and not wear a damn matching tie with me."

Hayden reaches inside his pocket to pull out the tie that he secretly brought along with him to wrestle onto Vincent.

"I'm not fucking wearing that ugly-ass—"

"Shut the hell up," Hayden commands before trying to put it on Vincent.

"No, get off of me," Vincent's muffled voice says, his arms out in all sorts of directions to get Hayden away.

"If you would just..." When Vincent doesn't cooperate, Hayden shamelessly straddles his lap. In the small moment that Vincent is stunned, Hayden finally gets the loop around his neck.

"I'm going to kill you," Vincent grits.

While all this is happening, the pair don't realize the scene they are causing in the restaurant. Vincent and Hayden are currently supposed to be patiently waiting for their friends to show up so they can have a nice dinner before they attend their first prom night.

"Stupid fucker."

"Son of a bitch," Hayden bites back, trying to tighten the damn thing with a stubborn Vincent.

"Asshol—"

"You would think a Madden match was going on with how much you guys are fighting," Asher laughs softly, standing at the head of the table

Getting distracted by Asher's presence, Vincent takes the opportunity to shove Hayden off of him and into his rightful chair. Hayden thankfully turns his attention to Asher, but after all that, Vincent can't bring himself to take off the god-awful mustard-colored tie.

"Hey, little hottie," Hayden chirps.

As usual, Asher laughs at the nickname before taking a seat across from the pair.

Asher King is a new addition to their friend group this year.

Being the son of CEO parents, things haven't been easy for Asher, but when he started talking to Leo and gradually befriended Sawyer, Vincent, and Hayden, things really started looking up for him. Vincent wanted to be a jerk to him in the beginning, especially since he was prying his way into his friend group when Vincent isn't the best at making friends either, but Vincent just didn't have it in him when he saw how sweet he was and how much life already tore him down. He also makes Leo the happiest—and sappiest—person alive so Vincent can't help but have a soft spot for Leo's boyfriend.

Hayden, on the other hand, makes friends with every living and breathing thing, so he was happy to have another person to talk to.

Hayden looks Asher up and down with a playful whistle. "That nickname belongs to you for a reason."

Vincent elbows him in the side with a laugh before saying, "Where's golden boy?"

"He's going to the bathroom really quick," Asher informs.