Obsession 1

First off let me explain a little about myself. My name is Paige Dawson I'm 19 an live in New York, yesterday I was just a regular teen doing regular teen stuff. And today Me and my best friend Laurie are backstage getting ready to audition for a new TV show! The second we heard that the Jackson family (yes theee Jackson family) were holding auditions for a one off TV reality show looking for the next up and coming star. We couldn't believe it! Ever since we could remember me and my best friend Laurie have dreamed about one day becoming famous singers and THIS is our chance. The best thing about it is if we passed the audition we would spend the next 6months being trained by the one and only JACKSON FAMILY!

********************************************
"Oh my god I can't believe this is happening!" Laurie squealed at me! She hasn't kept still all day. Me an the other hand am sat down freaking out. I've never been so terrified in my life! I've been watching people go in and out of the audition room for the past 6 hours! Some have come out jumping up and down screaming (which I'm guessing means they got put through) but most of the people have come out crying . Which is the part that's terrifying me.

The man comes out of the auditions room. Looking around. "Paige Dawson?" as I get up I feel my legs turning to jelly. Laurie pulls me in squeezing me tight. "Good luck" she smiles and I smile back nervously then follow the man into the room.

I walk slowly trying not to trip over myself because my legs are like jelly. I look over an there's a table and sitting their was
Janet, Tito, LaToya and their father Joseph. "Hello" I say shyly and quietly. They all smile warmly at me (all except Joseph who looks really pissed off) as I'm walking towards the middle of the room which make me feel a little more relaxed. Janet starts off asking me a few questions. What's your name? How old are you? Where are you from? What would it mean for you to win? (Pretty standard questions) an they take notes on what I'm saying "we're ready when you are Paige" Tito smiles at me.

I chose to sing 'this is a mans world' as its my favourite song and I know this song backwards Which meant I had less chance of screwing up. They're all looking up smiling while I'm singing which is a great sign. Afterwards they each give me their opinions

Janet: that was amazing! You have an amazing voice
Tito: I completely agree. An you have an amazing an unique style
La Toya: loved it! for such a young girl, you have so much soul an passion in your voice.
Joe: I have admit when you walked in I didn't really expect anything special from such a young girl, but from what you just showed us, I can see you going high places.

"Thank you" I smile shyly. Joe turns to the others an my stomach is in knots (moment of truth) "I think we can all agree on this one?" Joe says and the others smile an nod. Joe then turns to me "Paige..." He goes silent for a moment. Then smiles "welcome aboard!" I instantly scream and start jumping up and down, which makes them chuckle and Janet stands up opening her arms "get over here and give me a hug sweetie" I run over and I hug her excitedly "congratulations!" She smiles chuckling.

As I leave the room Laurie is standing outside of the room staring at me for a moment. I keep a straight for a moment keeping her in suspense then she sees a mischievous grin forming an she grabs me pulling me in an we both jump around squealing with excitement. The the man from earlier comes back out. "Laurie Dyer?" Laurie stops and freezes for a moment "just relax your gonna be great!" I reassure her she smiles nervously then goes in.

I've been pacing the floor the whole time she's in there. I really hope she get through having my best friend with me would be amazing! I see the door handle move slightly and I run over. The second the door opens she flies out charging at me screaming jumping around. She got through! We're both gonna be on the show together and I couldn't be more excited! We both go home and start packing.

********************************************
After telling my parents the great news an packing, I go outside where Laurie is waiting by the car. And before I know it we're off. We've been given the address of where we'll be staying for the next six months. An spend the entire drive talking about how great it's going to be spending the next six months in a huge mansion with the other contestants an of course spending every day with theeee Jackson family!