Obsession 30

Paige's POV

We've been at Michael's house waiting by the phone for what seems like forever. "How could this be happening?" I sob holding onto Michael "It's Laurie! She been my best friend my whole life! Why would..." Michael pulls me in tighter "shhh...it ok" he whispers an kisses my temple. Randy comes in the room handing me a sandwich "you should probably eat something" I shake my head "I'm not hungry" how could I possibly be hungry at a time like this? I keep going over it in my head all that stuff she had! this is my best friend the girl I grew up with. Michael interrupts my thoughts. "Baby, he's right you need to eat" I look up at him. "I can't eat not at a time like this" he looks at me stroking the tears from my cheeks "baby, your pregnant you need to eat something and you need some rest. All this stress isn't good for you or the baby" Randy puts his hand on my shoulder "why don't go lie down, we'll let you know if they call" I look up at Michael "will you come with me?" He nods then turns to Randy "I'm gonna take her to bed, let me know when they call" he nods an sits down next to the phone.

We get into the bed and Michael puts the sheets around us. Pulling me close into him, he kisses my temple stroking my hair. I lean into his chest crying. He continues softly stroking my hair and I hear him sobbing. We don't say anything we just lie holding each other crying.

I wake up. And it's dark outside. I must have fallen asleep from all the crying. I turn over and panic when I see Michael isn't there. I run out of the room and start heading down stairs. I hear Michael talking I listen walking slowly down. "Thank you! Thank you so much!" He puts the phone down and sighs in relief then turns seeing me at the bottom of the stairs. He runs over pulling me into him smiling. "That was the police! Laurie's been arrested" I sigh in relief hugging him tight, then break away. "What wrong?" He asks worried "I woke up an you weren't there!" He pulls me back in "baby, I'm so sorry, Randy had to leave and I had to wait by the phone for the police to call. I was just about to come back up to you I swear" I nod and he smiles sympathetically. "It's all gonna be ok. I'm sorry I left, I didn't mean to frighten you" I smile slightly and he kisses me softly before breaking away "c'mon you need to eat something"

Michael's POV

I still keep going over everything in my head. All that stuff in the folder an in that box. I knew Laurie was always clingy but this? This is just obsessive. Paige is having an emotional breakdown she's relived that Laurie's been arrested but heartbroken an confused at the same time she even scared to be alone. She was shaking when she came down stairs. She's terrified to be on her own

I've been trying to talk to her about whats happened but she breaks down every time. It breaks my heart to see her like this. We're sitting on the couch in silence cuddling. Not really knowing what to say to each other.

There's a frantic knock at the door and Paige jumps up shaking. "Its ok, it's ok" I pull her into me calming her down "you stay right here, I'll go see who it is" I kiss her temple and she nods still shaking.

I open the door and Janet, Jermaine and LaToya come barging in "where is she? Are you both ok?" LaToya asks but before I can answer she sees Paige  an runs to her pulling her in for a hug "thank god you alright" Jermaine turns to me "are you ok? We heard about Laurie" I nod then Janet jumps in "I always knew there was something weird about that girl, didn't have her down as a psycho stalker though!" LaToya puts her hand on Paige's stomach "is everything ok with the baby?" Paige an I look at her surprised "how do you know about..." Jermaine laughs cutting me off "we figured it out weeks ago" Janet nods smiling proudly "mhm..she started getting pregnancies symptoms, and you two have been dating for months. Wasn't that hard to figure out." I look at her confused  "when did you find out we were dating?" LaToya giggles "we've always known". Janet looks over frowning at Jermaine who's looking at the grown grinning "we...umm" he starts sniggering under his breath "we're heard you even met Paige's mother" Paige and I go bright red. I bet it Randy who told them about that.

They stick around for awhile then eventually leave. I turn to Paige pulling her in she looks a little upset again. "Everything's gonna be ok" I smile kissing her softly. She look up and kisses me back. "You wanna go up stairs" I ask an she smiles slightly an nods. We get upstairs. I know she still heartbroken about Laurie I hold her close to me the entire night. Whilst we slept .