Run on (Chapter 16)

Okay.... I have alot of IMPORTANT tests coming up ad I SERIOUSLY need to study. So this upload will be short. But still VERY VERY GOOD >)

Enjoy muahahhahahah.... ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stupid....idiot." Aaron grumbled under his breath putting his hand on the horn, ready to honk.

Cam was still angry at the both of us, mainly me, but he wasn't as mean anymore or annoyed. "Aaron, don't honk. The last thing we want is to draw attention to ourselves."

He huffed in response. "Still. I hate slow drivers." He continued glaring at the elderly man in front of us.

I rolled my eyes. Some areas were jam packed and we had to wait an hour to get moving. Other areas didn't have to much traffic but there were plenty of annoying drivers in the way to slow us down.

We finaly arrived at the bridge and to our sheer luck, there were no police cars there. Aaron narrowed his eyes in suspicion. "No cars on this road or police. There aren't even that many people here. Let's go check it out, I don't like this feeling I'm getting."

All of us got out of the car slowly, walking down the bumpy hill, trying not to slip. Aaron slipped behind some brush, lying on the ground. We followed his example.  There were no people at the corner of the hill, the area nearest to the bridge yet still underneath it. That would be where the money should be....

I looked around and narrowed my eyes. There were barely any people here.... Why though? Isn't San Fransico supposed to be a busy place?

"I'm going to check it out," whispered Cam.

"Hold up Cam," Aaron replied slowly.

 All of us army crawled to the edge of the hill and looked down and peered over to the left. I couldn't see the bag of money and I was pretty sure Cam and Aaron couldn't either. There weren't any people at the bottom of the hill at the hill.

Aaron continued, "Ok...hurry up. I don't like the vibe I'm getting here.  Since there's no one here right now we should hurry and look for the bag and leave. Just because there aren't people here now doesn't mean there won't be later."

We all slowly rose and split off, Cam straight down, Aaron straight down and to the right, and I went down and to the left. We all tramped down the hill carefully, trying not to trip. I already twisted an ankle, I didn't want to break it too.

After fifteen minutes of searching through tall grass and brush a voice interupted my search.

"I found it!"

I looked up at the same time Aaron did to see Cam holding a bag of cloth with money in it. All of a sudden, divers came out of the river and located Cam.

"There he is!" One of them pointed to Cam.

Another commanded, "The girls are here! Get them!"

My eyes widened. We got caught.

Aaron's voice cut the air. "RUN!"

I sprinted up the hill and scrambled into the car, matched with Aaron. We slammed the doors and locked them turning our heads to find Cam. My jaw dropped as I saw him being cuffed by a diver. He was facing me, his head watching the ground where the bag of money was lying at his feet. He wasn't struggling and the police had his hands behind his back.

I broke my vow. "Cam....No."

He slowly lifted his head, giving me eye contact. He quickly lowered his eyes to the ground, glancing at the bag and then hurriedly stared at me once more. I saw him nod his head slightly and suddenly his voiced ripped through the silence in the car echoeing outside and inside.

"KATIE!" He hollered.

I watched in horror as he kicked the sack of money in my direction and an officer kicked him behind his knees, causing him to fall to the ground. These cops weren't as dumb as the others we'd dealt with. My dad hired professionals this time that would get the job done.

I quickled unlocked the door and sprinted outside. I had to do this. For Cam. His capture would not be useless. We would not be shot down because of Cam. We could do this. We had to do this. For Cam.

"Katie! No!" Aaron yelled, his eyes bulging. "What are you doing? GET IN THE CAR!"

I grabbed the bag that was five feet away from the car. Suddenly I was shoved to the ground, an officer on top of me, pushing his hand on my shoulders and straddling me with him on my back (I was facing the ground).

Don't give up. Cam didn't give up.

I shoved my head backwards, slamming it against his nose.

"OW! F***" The man cussed angrily. He fell back, holding his bleeding nose. I scrambled up and tripped, my shoe slipping off.  My misfortune, surprisingly, helped me. The police man tripped on my shoe and sled down the hill. I huffed and hurried up the hill. I could not believe my luck.

I literally jumped into the car and slammed the door. Aaron hit the gas and we left the hill. Me and Aaron. By ourselves. It was just us and 750,000 dollars. No Cam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sad....I know. Igot an exciting idea for this story :) I'm trying to finish this by next week or the week after (First week of Dec. for Watty Awards) so this story wil be the only one to get constant uploads :D PLEASE VOTE! I NEED A CAST! SUGGESTIONS???? Thanks ;)