Chapter Twenty Two

A Girl Crying

~Draco Malfoy~

This was so ridiculous. If it weren't for that foul reporter, Arden and I would be going strong in secret. No, now everyone knows about us, the whole bloody country knows about us. Not to mention, my mother is faking her disappointment because of our background.

Mother is just like Arden in terms of views on Muggles. My mother does think pure-bloods are supreme -since they are- but she doesn't really care about Muggles or muggle-borns. She's not going to wish death or torture upon them all, or scrunch up her nose when she's near one unlike my father, she's neutral. 

For some reason she's sending me Howlers saying that I can't be with a blood traitor, when really she's sort of one herself. It's rubbish, it was probably father's doing to try and make me feel worse if my mother was disappointed in me. 

But I'm not going to stop talking to Arden, just because everyone will talk about us or whatever doesn't mean I won't stop being with her. For crying out loud, it's only been a day, let me be with her for Merlin's sake!

More and more people started to make their way into the hall, all of them staring at Arden and I, knowing about us. Arden looked down at her lap, hiding her soft face from the stares of the other students. I put my arm around her, then pulled her closer to me, which earned us more stares and sneers.

"What? Got a problem that Arden Diggory is taken? By me? Draco Malfoy?" I teased. The students whispering about us all glared at me, but they just earned a smirk right back. Let them stare, it'll just remind them that Arden is mine, and no one else's.

"Draco, don't stir up anything." Arden whispered. I smiled.

"I'm not stirring up anything." I took my arm off of her then stood up. "I'm just letting the whole school know that you're mine!" I shouted throughout the hall. More students started whispering about us from my actions. Arden tugged on my robes, making me sit back down.

"Please, Draco!" She demanded. "I don't want Ced finding out and-"

"Arden!" A male voice yelled. Arden groaned and slammed her forehead on the table.

"How bloody convenient." She moaned. Cedric marched his way over to us, and pointed at me.

"You. Up." He threatened. I quickly stood up and stared at him. He looked almost ready to kill, which was really unlike the guy. "Arden, come with me." He demanded. Arden sighed and got up from the table, obeying her brother.

"Arden, you don't have to-"

"Malfoy, for once, please just shut up." Cedric spat. I narrowed my eyes at him as him and Arden walked out of the hall. I sat back down, resting my head in the palm of my hand. Well isn't this great? Right after saying that I won't let anyone take Arden away from me, there goes Cedric doing just that.

I looked around the hall and noticed Pansy at the end of the Slytherin table. I'd expected her to be running up to Arden and threatening to kill her, but instead her head was down, and she was avoiding everyone's gaze. I got up from where I was sitting and moved to where she was, then sat opposite of her.

"Hey, Parkinson, wakey wakey." I teased, waving my hand in front of her face. She looked up and me and glared. Her eyes were puffy and wet. Her cheeks were flushed and her eyes were bloodshot. She got up from the table and ran out of the hall, wiping her eyes as she did.

Well, she's clearly not taking things lightly...

***

I'm sorry this is short, and I'm sorry I haven't updated this in a while. I've been writing other two stories that I really like, and I've also been drafting chapters for this story and my other stories. If you would like to check out my newest Harry Potter story, it's on my profile. It is another Draco Malfoy fanfiction, but it's going to be darker.

I'm also writing another Harry Potter story, where it's going to be Hermione x Original female character, since I swear lesbians don't exist on Wattpad...

Anyway, thank you for 600 reads xoxo