Chapter Seventy Four

New Arrival

Lena had apparated to alert Molly of Arden's condition. Lena was only gone for 10 seconds before she came back and Arden's pain was already worse.

Molly helped her up, guiding her to her bedroom where Lena laid out towels as instructed by Molly. Arden laid on her back, crying out in pain as she felt her baby trying to come out of her.

Arden held out her hand as she saw the Potions that she had made, preparing for this moment. "Lena! P-please!" She whimpered.

Lena quickly grabbed the small bottle, uncorking it and gently bringing it to Arden's lips, but Arden snatched it and sculled the concoction in seconds.

Her labour pain had eased, not totally, but enough for Arden to steady her breathing again.

"That's not going to last long dear, I hope you've made more than just one bottle," Molly warned. "You're going to have to wait a while until you can start to push."

Arden groaned "why? He clearly wants to get out now otherwise I wouldn't have been in pain!"

Lena tried to shush Arden, "I'd just listen to the woman who's done this about 6 times, one of those times involving two at once."

Arden nodded as she leaned her head back against the pillow. Some time passed before she started sobbing as she whispered something about wishing Draco was beside her.

Lena looked down, and held onto Arden's hand tightly. "He'll come eventually, I promise."

Arden shook her head as she cried, "I'm not going to see him in so long, he won't be able to see his son-"

"Well we're about to find out if you really do have a son, Arden..." Molly interrupted as she began to take Arden's trousers off, "because it's time to go..."

Arden leaned upwards, holding onto Lena's hand for dear life as she felt the worst pain imaginable even with the effects of the potion. As Arden kept pushing, she came to the conclusion that the pain of birth was most likely worse than the pain of the cruciatus curse.

Arden kept pushing, causing beads of sweat to roll down from her hairline and tears to stream down her face. Her knuckles were as white as a sheet of new parchment while Lena's hand was bright red due to the strength Arden clutched it at.

Arden stopped and leaned back against he pillow to take a short break. "Why won't he get out!?" She cursed. 

"Not long now, I can see the head." Molly reassured.

Arden pushed again, crying and screaming as she did. "I can't, I can't do this-"

"Arden, just a few more minutes of pain for a lifetime of happiness." Lena encouraged.

But it was anything but a few more minutes.

It seemed like days to Arden, but it was just over two hours until the baby was out into Molly's hands.

But there was silence.

Arden felt her head spin as her heavy breathing was the only thing she could hear. Her top on Lena's hand loosened, looking down at Molly in fear. "What happened?"

But her question was quickly answered as her baby began to cry, and wriggle around in Molly's arms. The sound made Arden smile, and laugh as she was relieved her child was alive. Lena felt her eyes water as she still kept a strong grip on Arden's hand. A wave of euphoria washed over Arden as she heard the sounds of life let her know that her child was safe, alive and well.

Molly smiled at Arden, "you have a beautiful daughter."

Arden's brows instantly furrowed as she looked at Molly in shock, "daughter!?" She said in disbelief. Lena had to let go of Arden as she tumbled to the ground due to her uncontrollable fit of laughter. In between her giggles, Lena would say 'I told you so' over and over again.

Arden rolled her eyes, and held out her arms to meet her baby girl. Lena quickly got ahold of herself and brought herself back up next to Arden. Arden grinned as her daughter held onto Arden's pinky with her whole hand.

She was tiny, and had light skin that was slightly pink due to just being born. Arden thought she had no hair, but in fact she just couldn't see the full head of hair due to it being such a light shade of blonde.

"Impossible..." Arden whispered.

Lena began to giggle again, "well, looks like you completely jinxed yourself!" She laughed. 

"What were you going to call her?" Molly asked, "I'm sure I could knit up a blanket for her with her name on it if you like."

Arden smiled at Molly, "I'd love that Mrs Weasley," she breathed out, steadying her breaths. "Her name is Rosalind."

Molly nodded, as she left the room to get more things for Rosalind.

Lena looked at Arden longingly, "Rosalind..." she said, waiting eagerly.

Arden rolled her eyes as she laughed at her eagerness. "Rosalind Lena Malfoy."

Lena felt her whole body warm up. She grinned as she leaned closer to the baby, examining her appearance.

"I think she looks like you." Lena whispered, trying not to wake Rosalind.

"I think she just looks like a newborn," Arden sighed as she looked at her daughter's face. Rosalind's eyes were closed, they wouldn't open for at least a few days due to her arriving a little early, but Arden knew they would be grey. "I can't really determine if she's taken after me or Draco..."

"Daughters usually grow into their mother's face, even if she takes after mostly you or mostly Draco, she's still going to be beautiful."

Arden felt her heart ache as she thought about Draco, not being by her side during this crucial event in her life. She leaned her head back to prevent tears from streaming down her face as she wished Draco was holding onto Rosalind at this moment.

Lena felt her stomach sink, knowing well what Arden was thinking, "I could go to him, but a war is about to begin. He may not be able to see you-"

"At least just tell him Lena," Arden begged, "I hate treating you like an owl but you need to understand-"

"No, I completely understand." Lena grabbed onto Arden's free hand and held it in both of hers tightly, "but if they see me they back there right before they start planning things, they might not let me go out again." Lena said sternly, "my trips in and out are becoming suspicious, I can't keep abusing that privilege."

Arden nodded, "you're charismatic, I know you'll find a way out."

Lena hesitated to stand, but looking at Rosalind, she realised that Draco needed to be here, even if it meant Lena might not come back. Lena leaned down and kissed Rosalind's forehead, smiling down at her.

"I'll make sure I get him to see Rosalind, I'll come back, I promise."

Lena then disapparated, leaving Arden alone with her daughter.

~

Some of you thought it was twins and honestly just the thought of that is exhausting.

Most of you wanted Draco there but lol he wasn't because my heart hurts just thinking about the scene that I have planned for him aahhhhhhhh. Baby Malfoy is here and she's cuter than all of us let's be real. Lil Lindy aahhh.