Chapter 1

// I don't own any of these characters. I hope you like this fanfiction. There may or may not be a Tory and Ben relationship subtext.....   Anyways, thanks for reading.//

   I woke up with the sun on my face. Sunday. Hi is probably at the temple with his mom. I get dressed and brush through my hair quickly before texting Ben and Shelton:

T: Hey, do you guys want to go to Loggerhead?

S: Sorry Tor. I need to get some homework done.

B: Well Tory, you can't really get there without Sewee  so I'll go.

T: Cool! Are we going to swim?

   It was warm enough to go swimming and I was excited. With our flaring senses we could see everything underwater and it was beautiful.

B: Sure. I'll meet you at the docks.

T: K. :)

   I went to change to put my swimming suit under my clothes and went downstairs. Kit and the blonde bimbo were on the couch watching some crappy TV show.

   "Hey, can I go hang out for a little while?" I asked while grabbing an apple and taking a bite out of it. It took a moment for Kit to reply, "Sure, be home around 11:00pm, ok?" I threw the half eaten apple in the trash can and walked out the door.  I checked my phone for the time, 1:07pm. I started running towards the docks.

   When I got there I saw the one and only Ben Blue. He is my packmate but, I can't help but feel more than that sometimes. Its hard when he has tan skin and chocolate eyes. I walk towards his boat, Sewee

   "Hey Ben." I say as I climb onto the boat. Its not very big but it isn't really small either. Does that make sense?

   "Hey Tory. " He smiled and went to sit down in the captain's seat. The boat started and we were off.

                                                                                             .   .   .

   Ben docked the boat and we jumped out. Yay! I can't wait to start swimming. I turned to Ben, "Do you think we can flare?" He looked at me with golden eyes and a smirk. Ok then.

SNAP

   The flare came so easy now that it was kind of funny. I could see everything in impeccable detail. I could hear the baby birds chirping and the wind against the trees. I could hear Ben's steady breathing. I could feel my soft clothes against my skin. My sense of smell always seemed stronger than any of my packmates. I could smell feelings sometimes... I know weird right? Hi had amazing sight, Shelton had crazy hearing, and Ben was the strongest of us all.

   I pulled off my shirt and pants and looked over at Ben. He was already in the water. I ran into the blue waves that were crashing into the nearby sand. I went underwater and opened my eyes. I could see the red, grey, white, orange, pink rocks underneath me and the dark-green seaweed that danced with the waves. There weren't any fish this close to the island so I couldn't see them even with my super senses.

   I went above the water to breathe. I hadn't seen Ben in awhile and I was getting scared. What if he drowned? I looked around again and went underwater. I saw two golden eyes staring back at me. I went above the water again but this time I breathed a sigh of relief. Ben went above the water too.

   "Are you okay? You look scared." Ben said breathlessly. It seemed he was underwater longer than what was safe. I shook my head, "I thought you weren't coming back up..." Ben nodded. "Do you want to go home?" He asked me. "Do you know what time it is?" Ben looked at his waterproof watch, "Its about 4:50" I slowly nodded. " Shelton should be done with his homework bye now, maybe we can hang out at the bunker?" Ben nodded again and we headed to the shore.

   "Ben we need to stop flaring now." He looked over at me with sad eyes and I watched his eyes go from golden to brown. I had to do the same. I closed my eyes and...

SNUP

   Me and Ben grabbed our clothes and climbed onto Sewee again and headed back to Morris Island. When Ben docked his boat we grabbed our towels, dried ourselves off and put our clothes back on. We jumped onto the wooden dock. "I'll text Shelton." Ben nodded. I took out my phone and went to my contacts.

T: Hey, meet us at the bunker.

H: What about me?

T: Hi you can come too, we are just hanging out.

H: I'll be there.

S: So will I, see you guys soon.

   I looked towards Ben, "They'll be there. Let's go." He gave me a puzzled look and I just shrugged. We walked to the bunker in comfortable silence. When we got there Shelton and Hi were sitting on the bench we had there.

   "Lets just hang out like normal teenagers for once." I said in an exhausting sounding voice.

   "We aren't normal teenagers." Hi said.

   "Ok, we aren't but can we act like it for a little whi-" I didn't get to say anything more because everything went black.