Chapter 3

// This chapter is in Ben's POV.//

   I woke up to bright golden eyes staring at me. "What.. happened?" I look at Tory, "And why are you still flaring?" I ask. She looks at Shelton and back at me, "I still can't turn it off... And it seems you can't either." I look around. Yep, I am flaring; everything is so vivid. "Ugh. Why now?" I look over to Shelton for an answer. He shrugs, "Don't look at me! I couldn't find anything regarding time." I nod. Fine.

   I notice where I am laying, on Tory's lap... "Sorry, Tor." I say as I sit up and sit next to her. I look over and she seems to be trying to snuff her flare. "Tory, don't strain yourself." She looks over at me with still golden eyes, "I have to try." She is so determined that I not even going to try to stop her. I look over at Hi and he is asleep, "Did he pass out too or is he just asleep?" Shelton answers, "He just fell asleep." Shelton's eyes don't break from the computer screen. "I don't think me and Hi's 'updates' are going to come as fast as your guys'." Shelton says as he keeps reading off the screen. "Why?" Shelton's cheeks go pink, "Umm.... Its says here that the alpha of the pack always 'updates' first, Tory, and then the alpha's mate 'updates' quickly after.... The other members don't 'update' until a little while later...."

   I look at my feet and process the information Shelton just gave us. I was Tory's canine mate... Wow, this is going to be awkward. I mean, I have always liked Tory more than just a packmate but being told by your DNA was a whole new thing. I steal a glance at Tory, her eyes seem to be somewhere far away and her cheeks are pink. That's cute. Wait, what? "Uh. Okay. Shelton will you throw me a soda?" Shelton nods quickly and grabs me a drink. I grab it and go to open it but before I can, it explodes. "Wha-?" I quickly stand up before it gets all over me. I look at Shelton, "What was that?" Shelton ducks his head, "I believe that's your 'updated' sense. Strength. You just tried to open a can and it exploded... It seems your have Hercules muscles now, Ben." I didn't want Hercules muscles. And I wanted to be able to control my flare. Ugh.

SNUP

SNAP

   "Ugh." I looked at Shelton, "Well, what are me and Tory going to do now. We can't really go into public with these." I say pointing at my eyes. I am trying to disregard the fact that I was just told I was Tory's "mate".  Shelton seemed to be deep in thought and then looked exasperated, "You guys will probably just have to stay here for now. I can bring you guys food and water until you guys can get control of your flare. Your guys' flare should be done in the morning tomorrow." I nod again. "Will Tor and I have to miss school?" Shelton shakes his head, " I don't believe so but we don't know for sure."

   Shelton walks over to Hi and shakes him awake, " Come on, its getting late, we need to go home." Hi nods, "What about them?" Shelton mumbles, "I'll explain on the way home." Hi nods and they were gone. I honestly am glad Hi was asleep when Shelton told us about the mate thing. He would of made fun of us and that would make it ten times worse.