Chapter 7

I woke up to Ben tangled up with me on the floor of my room. It seems Ben and I woke up at the same time, his own chocolate brown eyes fluttered open. "Hey.. Ben." He looks at me, "Your eyes aren't golden, they're your light green again." He smiles and I smile back. "What time is it?" Ben looked at his watch, his eyes widened, "Its Tuesday, 12:46pm..." Geez. We sleep a long time. "I told you that flare was going to take a lot out of us..." He nods. I notice that we are still tangled up and my face warms. "What's wrong?" he asks. I scan our bodies with my eyes and I think he understands. He looks at me, "Oh." We stand up and sit on my bed.

   "I wonder why nobody woke us up." He looks at me, "I feel like Shelton and Hi probably saw us and just left us there. They probably realized that our flares faltered..." I agree. Wait! Today is a school day, "Ben, we should probably go to school now..." He nods, "I'll see you at the docks, we can take Sewee." I nod. When he leaves I hurriedly get dressed and I run a comb through my hair. I look into the mirror. No golden eyes.

   When I get to the docks me and Ben jump into his boat and head to school. Once Ben docks the boat he jumps out first and holds his hand out to me. I grab a hold of his hand a I jump out of the boat. We walk to school with our hands linked together.

    Ben and I separate to go to our classes, Hi and Shelton our in most of my classes. I walk into my class as quietly as I can and sit by Hi. He looks at me with a look that seems to mean, 'you good?'. I nod and he looks towards the front of the class. About midway through the class Hi seems to get bored so he rips out a paper from his notebook and starts writing. A few seconds later he hands me the folded paper.

H: So are you and Ben a thing now?

T: Why do you ask?

H: Well when two people are tangled up on the floor together, that seems to show something about their feelings.

   I could feel Hi's sarcasm dripping from that sentence.

T: I don't know

H: Wow, I could feel the sadness on that last one.

T: Shut up

   The bell rings and Hi, Shelton, and I go to our lockers to put our things away for lunch. When I get to my locker I notice Ben leaning against it and I smile. "Hey Ben" He smiles, "Hey, I am honestly glad our flares went away. That strength thing sucked, I was scared of opening my locker so I had to have Shelton do it. That was pretty lame." I listen to him as I put my stuff away. He links his hand with mine and we walk down the hall to the cafeteria.

   Ben and I sit down at the same table as the other guys. Hi winks at me and I don't mean to blush but, I couldn't help it. We start eating when Hi finally has to say something, "So... When's the wedding?" I choke on my food and it seems Ben does too. His face is red, "What?" Hi laughs and shakes his head. Shelton stays silent. "What's wrong Shelton?" He looks at me and shrugs. Okay, something definitely isn't alright. I walk over to Shelton and pull him over to the wall of the cafeteria.

   "What's up?" He looks at me, "I'm scared..." Why is he scared? Is something happening? "Why are you scared?" He sadly chuckles, "What if my 'update' is painful like yours?" Oh, that something is going to happen. I look at him, "Don't be scared, okay? It'll go away fast. Plus, I just think mine is stronger because of the whole 'alpha' thing." He nods and his eyes seem to light up like they used to. We walk back to the table.

   Ben leans over to me and whispers in my ear, "What was that about?" I shiver and wave him off. He shrugs and goes back to eating. The rest of the day passes quickly and we all end up at the bunker. Kit said I can stay here for the night if I wanted to. So I will.