Chapter 5

I pulled my hand away from Ben's and grabbed my phone to check the time. SADNESS. I look over at Ben and smile. He looks at me as if he is confused, "Why'd you smile?" I chuckle, "I think you forgot I can smell your feelings." His eyes widen and he blushes, "Oh, yeah." I couldn't help myself. I leaned I and kissed him on the cheek. SURPRISE. He looks up at me with cherry red cheeks and then he starts to go through his duffle bag. HAPPINESS. I smile to myself. I remember to check the time, 5:57am. "We didn't get any sleep last night, I'm not even tired." I say. "I'm not tired too." I start to go through my duffle bag.

   I grab my school clothes for the day and turn to Ben. He has his school uniform in his hand too. "Turn around and I'll turn around. Then we can get dressed." He nods and turns around. I turn around and get dressed. I have an idea. When we are done getting dressed I tell Ben, "Since our flares haven't gone away like Shelton said they would, we could try contacts..." Ben looked at me like I was crazy. "What?" I ask. He smiled and shook his head, "Your a genius." I feel my cheeks get warm. "I'm going to text Shelton to buy lots of blue and lots of brown contacts, okay?" Ben nods.

T: Hey, I thought about it and pick up lots of colored contacts for Ben and I. We want to see if they will cover the gold.

S: Okay, I 'll be at the bunker soon.

T: Thanks!

   "He's getting them." "Great. I hope this plan works..." I look at him, "Me too." We go and sit down on the bench in our uniforms and watch a movie until Shelton gets there. Yes, we hold hands again and every time we do, I get an electric feeling. I like it. We hear someone messing with the door. SURPRISE. Wow, Ben gets surprised a lot. Shelton stumbles into the bunker, "I got the contacts, here." He places the blue colored ones into my hands and the brown into Ben's. "I have a handheld mirror. We can take turns holding it for each other." I say towards Ben. I grab the mirror and hold it in front of Ben. I stick out my tongue at him and he laughs. He eventually gets them in and they don't look the same as is chocolate brown but it'll do.

   After I get my contacts in Shelton, Ben and I head to the docks. The ferry that takes us to school is there and we get on. Hi is already on the ferry too. "Hey guys. Did you and Ben have a fun time last night?" Hi winks at me and Ben. EMBARRASMENT. UNCOMFORTABLENESS. Every time a new emotion or feeling comes into my head it feels like someone small kicks me in my head. "Hi, enough. Ben and I's flares are still here and I can't handle everyone's waves of emotion. So please try to contain your comments." CONFUSION. Ow. "Wait. Why are your eyes not gold then?" Ben answers him, "Because Tory came up with the idea of colored contacts and they seem to be working." Hi just shrugs. Ben and I put the rest of our contacts in our pockets.

   We get off the ferry and walk the rest of the way to school. When we walk on the stairs to the main building I am hit with waves of emotion. JELOUSLY. HAPPINESS. DEPRESSION. ANGER. CONFUSION. LOVE. LUST. PRIDE. GUILT. It hurts so much, I fall to the ground. Ben was behind me so he gets to me fast. FEAR. "Tory! Are you okay?" I close my eyes and open them slowly, "Too.... many... emotions...here.." UNDERSTANDING. "Oh." Ben turns the guys, "What are we going to do?" ADRENALINE. That's not a feeling... "What?" I say as Ben picks me up and puts me behind a tree with his eyes closed.

   "Our contacts seem to melt away about an hour after we put them in, so we'll have to change them every hour." I shake my head slowly, "I don't think I'll be able to go into the school. I don't think you realize how many emotions people have. Its crazy." Ben chuckles, "Well, what can you do?" "I don't know but with just the emotions from the people sitting outside the school made my legs not be able to hold me up. What do you think is going to happen if I go inside?" I sit up against the tree and grab my contacts from my pocket. I put them in.

    FRUSRATION. That emotion was coming from Hi. I glare at him, "Hold your horses Hi. We can't control what's happening." CONCERN. Everybody looked at me like I was crazy. I sigh, "I could smell that Hi was frustrated and I got mad. Sorry." They nod. I stand up and turn to Ben, "I can't go to school. Should I just say I am sick and go home?" "Good idea. Remember to change your contacts and don't go anywhere until I get there. I'll come through your window, okay?" I nod. I walk home and jump into my bed. This 'feeling' thing is starting to get annoying....

A Virals Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें