Chapter 17

I walk downstairs and the laughter has calmed down. I sit down on the couch and look at my hands as I wait for someone to say something. Ben sits down next to me and whispers, "Its too quiet..." I look up at him, "Agreed."

   "So Sam. When are we going to kill this thing?" Hi breaks the silence. Sam stands up and looks at him with an astonished look. "You guys are definitely not going!" I am confused now. Why couldn't we go. It is our parents and our powers could be an asset. I stand up, "Why not?" Dean follows me and looks into my eyes, "Because, the three of us will be enough to kill the wendigo. Plus, your not trained to kill monsters." I disagree, "Our powers can help us undeniably. And who are the three?" Dean looks surprised, "Your guys' powers would help a lot... And three of us as in Me, Sam and Cas." I look at my friends and then back to them, "Who is Cas?"

   Dean's eyes fill with admiration, "Cas is our angel friend." I nod, "I didn't know you are gay." Dean shakes his head quickly, "No. He is an actual angel. Like wings and halo." "Really!" I ask excitedly. He nods. "When can we meet him?" Dean's eyes go wide, "Umm..... He is in Heaven right now doing angel business." I shake my head. Wait, if he is an angel, can't we pray to him? I pray: Cas, I am with Dean and Sam. They are talking about you. I would love to meet you. I end the prayer and wait. Within seconds I can hear a rush of wings and there is a man in a trench coat in Ben's living room.

   "Hello, Cas." He walks over to Dean and whispers in his ear. Deans says louder, "They want to help us with a hunt. They have strange powers that can help. If you have questions ask the alpha, Tory." Dean points to me. Cas looks at me weirdly, "You guys have powers?" I nod my head. He tilts his head and squints his eyes, "What kind of powers?" I laugh, "Sam, Dean will you guys tell him about everything please?" Sam nods and starts talking to Cas.

   I sit back down on the couch and I say to my friends, "Can all four of us go somewhere to talk?" They all nod and we get up to go into the empty kitchen. We all sit down to talk. Shelton, surprisingly, is the first one to talk, "What are we going to do?" Everyone looks towards me, "Why do I always have to be the one to make decisions?" I ask. They shrug but keep looking at me. "Fine. I trust them. I know we literally just met them but, I was in their minds and they seem pretty trustworthy. But, all of this supernatural monster business is kind of new for us all. I think we should hunt the wendigo with them." I say all of this quickly.

   They all nod and Ben speaks up, "When we find our parents we'll have to be more careful of our powers." I nod. "Yeah. I think Sam and Dean are done telling Cas about everything." We all stand up and walk back into the living room. Cas looks at me weirdly again, "Tory. Do you believe you could read my mind?" That's a good question. I wonder if I could read something other than humans mind. "I don't know for sure." He nods his head, "Well, next time you do the flare thing, pray to me. I want to know for sure. Goodbye." He disappears into thin air with the sound of moving wings.

   I look towards Dean and Sam, "We have decided to go on this hunt with you." They look at all of us, "You do realize that after one hunt, you kind of get sucked into this lifestyle." I look at my pack. They all nod at me. I don't think they realize how bad this could get. I have been inside the hunters' minds, I have seen their mental health state. Its not very good. So I look at them and ask, "You guys sure. This hunting life takes a toll on your brain..." They all think for a moment and nod again. I look at the men in front of me once more, "We're in."