6. Let the sparks fly

"She really is something.."

Reign:

The girl squints as the light from the sun blinds her eyes. She sits up from the sofa, stunned that she'd actually managed to sleep peacefully on that thing. After all, sofas didn't have a reputation of being the comfiest places to sleep. Looking around her, her eyes land on the two boys who were laid up on the opposite couch. It was funny how young Hilton looked when he was asleep, it was as if the innocence he hid took over. Devon had his arms wrapped around the older boy, almost as if he were clinging onto him for dear life. A smile envelopes her features as she admires their cuteness.

After stretching her long limbs as far as she could, the girl gets up and decides to make breakfast for them all. As she's pulling out the pots and pans, her eyes land on a note that had been left on the kitchen table. She immediately knew it was from Melissa. The pair had gotten into the habit of leaving notes in each other's kitchens as a joke because they were both huge foodies and spent the majority of their home time wherever the food was. 

"Hey Ray I had to leave unexpectedly for work this morning. My supervisor called in late and of course I had to take her place - trifling ass. I wouldn't have left if I hadn't seen that Devon was in such safe hands with you and that hot thang on the couch over there.

You can tell me all about him later don't you worry ;)
Take care,
Lis"

Reign rolls her eyes as she tries to stop the smile that crept upon her lips. She swore her fellow females would always be the first to assume you're dating every guy they see you with. Shaking her head, she scrunches up the note and throws it in the bin as she usually did. She had no time for Melissa and her games. 

After a while, the kitchen is filled with the soothing aroma of bacon, sausage and eggs. There was nothing like a good breakfast to get you ready for the day ahead. She could be so cranky when she didn't eat in the morning. The girl serves the food with coffee and orange juice. She wasn't sure which of the two beverages Hilton would prefer but knowing his weird self, he would jump at the cup of black coffee at the crack of dawn.  The girl fills the tray with fresh croissants from her pantry and French toast as well as Devon's Nutella sandwiches for Devon before carefully carrying the tray to the living room. She couldn't help but look down proudly at her plates of food. As a Caribbean woman, she always went all out when it came to preparing food for guests. She just had to show out.

She places the overcrowded tray on the table beside the couch where they were sleeping and sniggers as they snores lightly

She places the overcrowded tray on the table beside the couch where they were sleeping and sniggers as they snores lightly. It was Friday but after the big game and especially because Weston High had won it, all classes had been pushed back a couple hours meaning they wouldn't have to be at school until midday which mean't it would have been a day of heavenly sleeping in if she didn't have to get Devon to daycare in a few hours. 

As Reign heads back to the kitchen to clean up, her phone goes off. She looks down at the screen to see that it was the Coffee Shop Guy. Perhaps he already had news on that job offer.