14. Escape

"Let me out of here!" Reign shouts at the top of her lungs while desperately banging on the door that August had sealed shut. She had tried to stay calm but her anxiety was beyond staying cool; she needed to go and get her brother before it was too late. Reign didn't care about the risks they all kept talking about, all she knew was he was the only thing that mattered in her life and it had always been her duty to keep him safe no matter what. She couldn't let him down like her father had let Stacey down.

"If Zeus sees you he'll-" Lucas begins but from the look in Reign's eyes he knows to stop talking straight away. He sighs and then looks away from her in shame. Pulling her glare away from him, the girl scans everyone in the room. From the way they stood, it was clear that not one of them would make any effort to let her out. Tia's eyes were fixed to the ground in guilt; although she wanted to help her friend, she agreed with Lucas, they couldn't risk Zeus finding them.

"You think I give a damn about what that man is going to do? I'll ask once more before I shoot this place down. Open the door." She says turning to August with a stern expression. It was evident in her tone that she wasn't playing any games. Reign had always stuck to her word and he didn't doubt for a second that she would actually make good on her promise. She couldn't believe he was doing this to Devon, the pair had met when Devon was only a baby. He was practically his little brother. She also knew that if August had the chance to go back in time and save his own brother, he wouldn't hesitate, not for even a second. That was what made her the most angry.

Seeing that no one was moving to open the door, she turns towards Gunner, grabs his glock from his strap and starts shooting at the door endlessly. Reign moves so swiftly that it takes a gunshot for everyone to realise what had happened. Although the inlet was bulletproof, she was convinced it would only be a matter of time before she could crack it. As soon as she saw even the slightest fissure, she would kick the door down.

Reign squinted at the door through hardened eyes, the girl fired bullet after bullet at the door without ever flinching. Any normal person would have been tired by then from the impact of the bullets but there was no slowing her down. Pausing only for a split second, she took out her phone to call Melissa for the hundredth time but once again there was no service. In anger, she throws her phone at the door and continues to shoot, causing it to shatter into thousands of tiny pieces.

They all step away from her in awe as she shot at the door with direct precision

They all step away from her in awe as she shot at the door with direct precision. Hilton was sat in the corner, hesitant to make a move. He knew the implications of what he wanted to do. The boy never let emotions get in the way of duty or business which is why he hadn't reacted yet but for the first time, he wanted to throw all precautions and rules out the window. Devon was a kid that didn't deserve to die. He knew that if anything happened to the boy, Reign would be broken. Yet, it was his duty to his gang that caused him to sit still. He had been the heartless one for too long and it had gotten him this far for a reason - it worked. No one else in the game had the guts to do whatever to make sure their gang was straight; it was his biggest advantage. Yet here he sat, putting it all into question.