11. Revelations

Reign:

Reign couldn't believe her eyes as August opened his arms wide, anticipating the huge hug she was about to give him. She hadn't seen him in so long that it was almost as if he was an illusion, she blinks repeatedly and realizes that he was really there in the flesh, right in front of her. Squealing in delight, she power walks to him with her hair swooshing from side to side as she envelopes him into a huge, overdue hug.

"Reign. Hello to you too!!" He wraps his arms tightly around her thin frame and spins her around as he always had when they were kids.

"You good ma?" August asks with a huge smile on his face which she mirrored. She could hardly answer, her only response being the constant nodding of her head. She hold his arm tightly as he throws it around her protectively. August was confused - the last time, they had seen each other, it had been in Toronto. He never expected her to be here and especially not anywhere near Breezy. The pair went way back. Ray and August basically grew up together back in Toronto. As they were having their little reunion, Hilton clears his throat causing Reign to turn to them. Her features were bright with excitement as she was ready to introduce him to her closest friend but her happiness quickly turns to confusion when she see the look on everybody's face. Rico, Khalil, and even Tia and Za stare at her in disbelief as the feeling of betrayal filled them. In confusion, Reign turns to Hilton once more. He looks at her with an expression she couldn't quite comprehend.. It was a mixture of sadness, regret and anger.

"Well if it isn't Breezy and Rico back together again like the good old days huh? I heard y'all did some mad shit back in the day, thought it was a myth til now though." August says sarcastically as he smirks at Hilton.

"Who's breezy?" Reign asked as she turned to him in confusion, Lucas appears next to August before answering. "Your precious Hilton of course."

Her eyebrows inch even closer together - something wasn't adding up. "You guys know each other?" From the look in their eyes,  she could already guess the answer to her question and anybody could see that the answer was bound to be bad. They knew each other and loathed each other.

"Let's just say that yeah." August answered while holding her tighter while glaring at Hilton.

"Fam what are you doing?" Hilton ignores him and looks at Reign. He asks her in confusion with hints of rage in his voice. The boy was getting ready to pop at this point, his fist coiled themselves into balls as he stares at Reign waiting for an immediate response. 

"Yungin's been my brother for as long as I can remember so what's the problem?"

Tia look at her friend in deeper surprise. "How'd you know his street name?"

Reign scoffs with a small smile forming on her lips when the memories appear in her head as she thought about their childhood in Toronto."Street name? Please I basically invented that nickname."

"The problem is that they're a part of our rival gang." Khalil says coldly, clearly bored and annoyed by this unnecessary confrontation. He liked to handle his business where there was a minimum of spectators, where there were no restrictions just as Hilton had taught him.

"Oh hell no." Reign breaths in shock. It's like the room turns icy cold as those words escape Khalil's mouth. August looks down at her uncomfortably, knowing the scolding that was to come, she pulled herself away from August, staring him down.

"Gang Aug? Are you fucking kidding me? Wasn't what happened to Mel enough for you?" She knew she had hit a soft spot as soon as she mentioned Melvin. Melvin was August's brother who had been gunned down a few years ago just like that right in front of the both of them. The three of them had been heading to their local Chinese takeaway to pick up their dinner to take back to the boys' house when it happened. Reign was due to stay over that night just like she always did. The untimely death hit them hard, especially Aug. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" She says as her emotions start to run wild.