10. Party&Bull

Hilton:

"Man can you hurry up?" The boy shouts over his shoulder while switching channels impatiently as he sat, sprung out on Reign's sofa. She was starting to get on his last nerve. The girl had been getting ready for the last hour or so and Hilton had had enough of waiting on her. He couldn't understand what was taking so long but he had a strong feeling that she was purposely taking years to get ready so that he would leave without her.

Tia and Za had been at the house also but they left after giving up on waiting for Reign and he was sure that she thought he would eventually do the same but she wasn't slick and he had time. Besides parties are practically designed for late entrances.

Hilton was adamant that Reign needed to loosen up: with her long shifts at the cafe with Alexander, all the hours of revision that she was constantly doing for the upcoming exams at school and looking after Devon, Reign was starting to act like a cranky middle aged mother of four. She was much too proud to acknowledge that she was tired, much less that she was overwhelmed.

Hilton looks down at Devon who was laid up on his lap while swinging his small feet up and down in the air. The little boy's face was stern with a concentrated frown as he tried to play one of the games that Hilton had downloaded specifically for him on his phone. Hilton wasn't the game type. Most of the people who had games on their phones were full time parents. He simply didn't have any kids and therefore didn't see need for games. What would he look like playing Subway Surfers? Hell nah. The little boy jumps up as he finally he reaches a new level in the game and giggles in delight, punching one of his small fists into the air.

Reign strolls into the living room and stands in front of the TV purposely, causing Hilton to slowly look up at her. The look on her face tells him that she was playing no games. He scans her, noticing that she was still in her lounge wear and not anywhere near ready. They stare at each other for a while until she throws a pillow at his face which he catches just as it's about to smack him in the face. Devon roars in laughter at the commotion they cause.

"Listen here buddy." She says pointing directly at him as she stares him down with a threatening glare. "You're forcing me to leave my loving husband called my couch and come to your stupid ass party so I'm sorry but you gon wait and you're gonna wait in silence." She then speeds back into the bathroom but not before flipping the bird at Hilton when the little boy isn't looking. Hilton covers the boy's eyes before doing the same.

"I saw that!" He squeals causing a chuckle to escape Hilton's lips. At least Reign wouldn't be able to blame him for teaching the little man how to curse; she had started it.

"Aight bet. Take all the time you want but your ol' grumpy madea ass is coming to this party!" He shouts as he turns his head to the direction of her bedroom.

Getting bored without her, he walks into the bathroom to see what the damn wait was for. She was leaning forward towards her mirror and doing her makeup. She's so concentrated that his presence behind her goes unacknowledged. Hilton stands at the door for a while with his arms crossed over his chest as he stares at her until she stops and raises a brow at him.

"What? Did I put too much cake on because-"

"Nah" He says waving her off. "You look great but what is all that on your lashes." He place his hand on her lower back and peers closer through the mirror generally intrigued. "You trying to fly away with those or what? They getting too damn long with all that black voodoo you're putting on." He says as she continuously applies some mascara onto her eyelashes. Hilton had never understood why women did these things, especially beautiful ones.