9. Discover

Reign:

Sitting comfortably at the back of her English Literature class, Reign scribbles down some notes as our teacher prepares for the task that was ahead. For the past two weeks, the girl had made sure to attend all her classes but also to make it on time everyday. She didn't want her attendance record to mess with her chances of getting into any university that she was applying to.

Interrupting the silence in the room, the door swings open and Hilton slides in on his skateboard with a late slip in his hand. As usual, the attention of the whole class is on him as he spins on the board before swiftly jumping off it causing it to swing up and he catches it with one hand. The teacher looks at him completely horrified as the class bursts into cheers and whistles. Everyone loved themselves some Hilton Sanders. He casually drops the slip on her desk. "Sorry I'm late, Got caught up in dumbass Miss Richards class." Reign almost snort at his rudeness and the shock that's written all over poor Miss Lloyd's face as she takes the slip and shoos him off to his seat.

"Alright alright can everybody settle down!" She shouts over the commotion that Hilton had caused. The class has erupted into loud chatter and laughter with the topic of conversation only being Mr Sanders himself. Reign shakes her head with a smile on her face as she listens to all the conversations around her; it was amusing to see how much the other kids admired him.

 Reign shakes her head with a smile on her face as she listens to all the conversations around her; it was amusing to see how much the other kids admired him

"That was clean bro!" Khalil says as he reaches out and daps his friend. Hilton was about to sit down but stops himself as he looks around and his eyes land on Reign, quickly he walks to the back of the class and kisses her forehead before rushing back to his seat. Instantly, all eyes are on her in surprise but for some reason hers stay on him. No one had ever seen Hilton so concerned about another human, let alone a girl. He turns around in his seat and mouths, 'you good?' The girl nods at him with a huge smile on her face and then turns her attention back to the work.

It doesn't take long for the class to get back to its usual state of calm and concentration. Every month of so in this class, they would have a debate on a subject that would be picked out of a hat by a student. Today it was Khalil's turn to pick out of the hat. He sticks his hand in as if it's the most annoying thing he's ever had to do and picks out a piece of paper that would contain the next topic of debate.

"Does the Black Lives Matter movement really matter?" He reads out before chuckling slightly and rolling his eyes. Reign internally does the same, this was just typical. They could almost expect the topic to be something about discrimination against blacks and other ethnic minorities these days because that was the current reality of the world and it was just sad. Not only was it sad, it was depressing. 

Miss Lloyd writes the question in huge writing on the board. "Anybody got any ideas?" At first the whole class is silent, only looking around at eachother for the first speaker until Hilton raises his hand. He was sat near the front of the class for once and had one of his long legs stretched out nonchalantly as he was too tall to fit it under the desks.