Fourth Song: SUSPICIONS

As part of his daily routine, our raven haired samurai friend was on the quietest area of the HQ to meditate. He sat cross legged, closed his eyes, and hummed. He did this while his brows were twitching every now and then. Meditation helps him to clear his mind of any outside force to focus on and calm him but why is the twitching? He tensed a bit and tried to focus again to clear his mind, but when he did his thoughts drifted to a certain white haired short stack that seemed to pestering him even though the young man in question was nowhere to near him.

"Tch."

Once again, he tried to clear his mind and hummed. Finally, everything was clear. No noise, no faces, and most specially, his mind didn't drift to the white haired. At last, he found his peace of mind-

"Damn it!" he cursed as his eyes shut opened and narrowed. Why, when he finally found the peace he was looking for hours only to be taken away in just a swift moment. "What's wrong with that bean sprout?!" he muttered to himself. Obviously, he didn't fail to notice the incompetence of Allen Walker lately ever since that last mission. At first he didn't bother but when he sparred with him, a question suddenly popped into his mind. Why does he seem so weak? For a hundredth time he asked himself. When he first met Allen Walker he knew that the boy is pretty strong despite his appearance, easily swayed by his emotions, and lack of self control. But then again, Allen proved not only to his comrades but to himself that he can do more. That he is stronger than before and much responsible and wiser now. All of these seemed to disappeared as Kanda noticed that the bean sprout gets tired easily and he don't know if it was just only him or was it really happening that the latter eats a lot than his normal. Allen eats not thrice a day but six times a day plus snacks every now and then.

Kanda sighed. He doesn't know if he could still meditate. Why was he concerned? He supposed not to care. Perhaps he loves Allen Walker? Hell no! There is no one but that lady in dress that he longed to see.

Once again, he sighed. He then stood and made his way out of the room to train while waiting for any mission that they rarely received. Lately, the exorcists didn't receive any heavy task aside from collecting innocence and destroying stray akumas much to a certain red head's happiness. Yes, stray akumas since the Egg was destroyed from the previous battle between the exorcists and the Noah of Lust, Lulubell.

+++[Angel's Last Song]+++

"You noticed it also? I thought I'm the only one who noticed it."

"Of course Crowley, he's been acting so odd lately."

"So, what's the plan Lenalee?"

"I didn't notice that much. I thought i-it's normal for him to eat that much."

Three exorcists were discussing about the condition of their friend who goes by the name of Allen Walker. They noticed how Allen changed a bit. They were just simply some nonsense awhile ago when Crowley brought up the topic. They knew something was going on their friend. They recalled the past events until they came to a conclusion.

"He's a tad bit sick." Said Crowley as he leaned back on the couch. They were at the lounge talking and discussing.

"Yes. That's pretty sure but why he didn't tell us about it?" asked Lenalee.

"M-maybe we could ask your brother?" Miranda suggested.

"I already asked him about this but he said that it's normal to Allen. He told me that it was only the side effects of the drug that he injected to him when he got his injury from our last mission and his little predicament with Kanda."

"Do you think he's saying the truth?" asked Crowley.

"No. I may know nothing but I can tell that something's going on without our knowledge." Said Lenalee firmly as she stood.

"Where are you going, Lenalee?"

"I'm going to make coffee for the science division. Want to join m, Miranda?" she smiled.

"Sure!"

+++[Angels' Last Song]+++

Komui sat on his desk and sipped his coffee that Lenalee specially made for him. On his right sat a flask on his table with red liquid on it. He was doodling nonsense on paper instead working on the important once when a knock was heard.

"Come in~" he chimed.

The door was opened by Allen Walker. He walked inside the office followed by Howard Link. "Take a seat." Komui offered. Not long after they sat, a rabbit jumped in and plopped down the couch.

"Do-do we have a mission, Komui?" asked a confused Allen.

"Nope~ I called you hear for…ah, by the way Link, could you wait Allen outside? We have to discuss some confidential matter."

"He knew." Said Allen.

"What? When?" asked Lavi.

"A long time ago, he discovered."

"I am monitoring Walker's movements and I just figured it out. He's a parasitic type innocence wielder, has a short life span which is common for his kind, and unusually eating a lot than before and sleep most of the time."

"Oh." Was all what Komui and Lavi said.

"So, Komui. Why did you call us here?"

"Oh, right." He said as Komui picked up the flask and made his way out of his desk to show them what he made. "Here." He said as he pushed the bottle near Allen's face.

"W-what's this?"

"This is a medicine, Allen. The others are already suspecting about your condition so I made this. This is incomplete though. One spoon of this is equivalent to your one meal. This can help you eat like you used to be so when you feel hungry in a time that you are supposedly not just drink this and everything will be fine." He smiled sheepishly.

"Are you sure this will work?" asked Lavi who doubted Komui's medicine. True, Komui is intelligent and smart enough but idiot enough to mess up everything.

"Of course I am! I'm a scientist."

"I doubt." said Link in an uninterested tone.

"Give me that. I'm going to try if it will ease the hunger that I am feeling right now."

"Alright!"

Komui gave him the flask and a spoon. They watched as Allen hesitantly poured the contents into the spoon and shove it to his mouth. He can hardly swallow it because his throat felt like it was burning in the sensation of the liquid. They waited for any reactions from Allen until Komui asked. "So, how was it?" he asked, hopeful.

"I guess it work pretty well." Allen starred at the contents of the flask before he decided to hand it over their executive.

"No, no, no. Just keep it with you, Allen. You will need it."

"Thanks."

"No problem."

And with that, the three went out of the office and walked down the hallway. "That's a surprise. I thought something inappropriate will happen to you."

"What do you mean, Lavi?"

"We all know what Komui can do. Indeed, he's smart but also an idiot."

"Right. Let us just hope that this medicine really works."

They talk and talk about things that happened lately and things that they were planning to do while Link in tow took down notes about Allen and the latest happenings.