Twentieth Song: DOUBTS

Neah, in control of Allen's body, sat still on the bed with Tim on his lap. He rubbed his throbbing head with his right hand and thought of random things he might do to accomplish his goals, but something was disturbing his focus on the plan. He had just watched Allen's timeline through Tim and was so frustrated enough not to concentrate.

"If it truly has been 35 years since our last encounter, why has Allen not aged? And what about this dying thing about Allen?" he asked himself thoughtfully. Though he was dying that moment, he could clearly see the face of the man a long time ago who offered him a body to use. "He didn't have an immortality ability… In fact, the opposite is happening…" he said as he pulled his left hand up. "He has become younger…" he finished upon seeing the left hand. He eyed his left palm for a bit before something had clicked his mind.

He stiffened when he realized what the left arm was made off and felt the presence of someone stronger than the ordinary innocence.

"Innocence." he gritted in disgust. WHAT DID YOU DO…!? He yelled in his mind.

He was asking Allen if what did he do this past years. If he remembered it correctly he last met this person when his breath was coming to its end…

"Neah, use me." he recalled the man said to him before.

"I will protect your memories from the others. No matter how long it takes until you awaken. No matter what."

Those were the words that the young man promised him and it saddened Neah so much when Allen has forgotten about him. He was so confused. For him, it was hard to believe that the Allen he knew before was not the Allen now. Allen, the one and only who promised to protect his memories, has forgotten about him and to top it all Allen didn't seemed to aged and he has innocence with him. All of these things confused him so much but he made up his mind and will continue on his plan.

"…Allen," he mumbled as he closed his eyes. "Goodbye my friend." He said sincerely. Tim on the other hand watched his master talked to himself and not to him which made him felt like nothing but he just listened to his master and didn't complain since it has been a long time since they've been together.

"From this point on, we are ENEMIES." Neah declared. "Ever since that day, I've left both my heart and indecision behind." He said as his face turned dark and eyes bulged in great determination. "I will not hesitate." He added.

"Whatever happens I will accomplish my goals with these hands of mine."

The menacing mood that Neah created suddenly collapsed when his head throbbed again that alerted Tim with worry.

"Ughhh….Damn…"

Neah then recomposed himself and held Tim up.

"Tim," Neah said with a smile. "Don't share our little conversation with anyone." he ordered. "From this point on, I'll see everything through Allen's eyes. If he's trying to find me out, even better. Throw him a bone from time to time, so that it will trigger his dreams of the past, every time Allen dreams, he will dissipate, and all that's left will be me." he paused. "This is my last journey. I will fulfil my promise to Mana. Let's go together, Timcanpy." Neah finished with a gentle smile.

And just as he finished talking to Tim, in a flash, a blade was placed on his neck threateningly.

It was Kanda.

In front of him was Kanda who glared at him.

"You…" said Kanda when he noticed that silver eyes showed no emotion on it. "Are you the 14th?" he demanded.

The two who was with Kanda followed him inside and pulled him away from Allen.

"Yuu¬…That's bad. What if you chop his head off?" said Lavi as he tried his best to pry him off.