2

A/N: I got a decent amount of interest so here's another chapter! I went back and changed the previous one from 'intro' to '1', just so you all know.

So everything about this AU is going to be explained throughout the story, but if you ever have any questions, feel free to ask!

Okay, read on!

---------

Lauren laid her face in her hands, tears slowly slipping down her cheeks. "What am I going to do?" she asked between sobs.

Camila gently tugged the older girl off the stool, leading her into the living room. She sat down on the couch, pulling Lauren to sit next to her, bringing Lauren into her side. "Do you want to try and challenge the results?" she questioned softly.

Anyone could challenge their test results and retake the test, in case of a mix up in results. The test could be retaken up to three times, but usually by the results of the second retake the outcomes were clear.

Lauren shook her head. "No, it would just say the same thing," she admitted with a coarse voice. "It's not worth fighting it if I know it's not going to change," she reasoned sadly, curling into the younger girl's side further.

Camila gave her a soft smile. "So, are you going to register your results as official soon, then?" she asked carefully.

"I mean, I have to," the black haired girl replied, as it was required to make the results offical within two weeks of receiving the letter. "I just, I don't know what to do. I didn't want to face the fact that I'm a-" she cut herself off with a choked cry, not wanting to say the word out loud.

"Little," the younger girl supplied, knowing her friend was struggling.

Lauren nodded. "I didn't want to deal with it, so now I don't know what to do," she continued, wiping away a few stray tears. "Don't I have to get like, a caseworker or something?"

"Only if you plan to live on your own," Camila answered. "If you plan on finding your own caretaker, then no. The caseworker is only to make sure that you can take care of yourself when you're in little space, and that you can continue to live on your own."

"But I haven't looked for a caretaker," the green eyed girl mumbled. "I haven't done anything. I'm not prepared for this!" she yelled, standing to pace the room.

"Lauren, it's okay. You're fine," the other girl soothed. "You don't have to have anything figured out right now. We have time to figure it out," she assured.

Lauren shook her head. "No, it's not okay! I don't know how to do this!" she exclaimed. "I don't know how to, to be a lit-little!" she stuttered, her breathing becoming erratic and tears cascading down her face.

Camila stood and pulled the older girl into her body as the other girl's legs gave out, gently lowering them to the floor as Lauren cried. "Lo, it's okay," she whispered soothingly. "You're okay, it'll be okay. You don't have to know anything," she assured. "This isn't something that happens overnight. It takes time, and that's perfectly fine."

She sat on the floor with the older girl in her arms, rocking back and forth as sobs wracked Lauren's body. Camila ran her hand up and down the girl's arm, letting her cry out her emotions.

When Lauren finally calmed down, the younger girl spoke quietly, "You don't have to have everything figured out right now. We'll take it a little bit at a time and get everything sorted."

Lauren nodded, laying her head in the crook of Camila's neck. "Thank you," she whispered hoarsely. "For not leaving me."

The younger girl shook her head furiously, her heart aching. "Never, Lauren," she proclaimed. "You didn't abandon me when I told you I was a little, even when it wasn't confirmed. I'm not going to leave you now."