35

A/N: Second to last chapter. There will be a small epilogue and then it's over.

This is an entirely Camren-centric chapter, only mentions of DNA. This was also requested by someone on kik.

Read and enjoy. :)

--------------------------

Camila walked into her and Lauren's shared apartment after her shift at the pet store. The two were staying at their apartment for the week because of their work hours being scheduled for various times, but also to give the women some time to themselves without having to worry about the two girls.

The younger girl smiled as she saw Lauren sleeping on the couch, but frowned when the older girl's brows scrunched and a small whimper escaped her lips.

Camila quietly shut the door and set her bag on the floor. She approached the couch and knelt down beside the raven haired girl and sighed. There was a slight layer of sweat covering Lauren's skin, and the older girl flinched when Camila gently placed a hand to her shoulder.

"No, no, no, please," Lauren uttered, her voice trembling. "Please, Dad, no."

"Lauren, babe," Camila spoke as the older girl's face scrunched in discomfort and she began t toss and turn. "Lauren, come on, babe, wake up," she urged softly, running her hand through Lauren's hair.

Lauren's tossing and turning increased, and suddenly she was falling off the couch and onto the floor. She jolted up, looking around with wide, bewildered green eyes. Her gaze settled on the younger girl in front of her, and a second later flung herself into Camila, gripping the smaller girl tightly as tears streamed down her face.

The brunette held the older girl closer, rubbing Lauren's back soothingly. "Hey, Lolo, it's alright. You're safe. Wherever you were in your dream, you're not there. You're with me, in our apartment," she promised, pressing a tender kiss to the raven haired girl's temple. "You're not there. You're with me. You are safe, babe. You're safe, and I'm not going to let anyone or anything hurt you."

It took a few more minutes of hushed assurances, but finally Lauren began to settle down. She pulled away from the smaller girl and sniffled as she wiped away her tears, only to begin crying again when she realized she had wet herself sometime during her nightmare.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to," the green eyed girl whispered, looking to the younger girl with a horrified expression. "I didn't- it was an- I didn't-"

Camila gently cupped the taller girl's chin in her hand. "Lauren, relax, it's fine, babe," she assured, staring at the other girl intently. "It was an accident, I know. We can get it cleaned up. It'll be fine. I'm not worried about the couch right now. I'm worried about you."

She stood up and gently pulled Lauren to her feet and began to lead the other girl to the bathroom. She started the water in the tub and turned to Lauren and instructed softly, "Take off your clothes. I'll go throw them in the laundry room as the tub fills."

Lauren stripped off her clothes obediently then sat on the toilet seat lid as she waited for Camila to return. It took only a minute or so for the brunette to return, a washcloth, towel and fresh clothes in hand.

Camila set the items on the counter then shut off the tub faucet. She turned, and held a hand out for the older girl before helping Lauren into the tub.

Lauren sighed as she sat down in the warm water, sinking down as she relaxed.

Silently, the younger girl drizzled shampoo into her hands then worked it into the older girl's long hair, smiling to herself at the soft sighs escaping from Lauren. Camila quickly rinsed the other girl's hair before repeating the process with conditioner, combing it out thoroughly before rinsing it.