28

A/N: Read and enjoy!

--------

Lauren knocked on the front door, waiting for one of the women to answer. She'd been told before that she didn't need to knock, but she felt weird just walking into the house.

Honestly, she had been debating if she really wanted to come over that day. She wasn't feeling too well; she hadn't slept very well and her stomach seemed to be doing somersaults, and she just didn't know if it was the greatest idea to be there at the moment. She was just glad she only had to work a half day at the library.

"Hi, Lauren," Ally greeted as she opened the door, halting Lauren's thoughts. "You don't have to knock, you can just come in. It's not a problem."

Lauren shrugged, shyly walking past the shorter woman. "I don't know. What if, what if you're busy and, and I can't come over?" she asked quietly.

The older woman smiled softly, taking Lauren's hand in her own. "Lauren, sweetheart, if there was ever a time where you couldn't come over, we would tell you beforehand," she assured, giving the girl's hand a gentle squeeze. "It really isn't a problem for you to let yourself in. Camila does it all the time. We even gave her a key."

The girl nodded. "Okay," she mumbled, not looking up. She probably wouldn't ever let herself in, and Ally seemed to know that, too, but she let the subject drop.

She led Lauren into the kitchen where Normani and Camila were making lunch (Camila was more just sneaking pieces of strawberries than she was actually helping make sandwiches).

"Hey, Lauren, how are you?" the dark skinned woman asked as the green eyed girl took a seat at the counter.

The girl only shrugged, not looking up, and mumbled, "Good."

Normani and Ally exchanged concerned looks. The girl seemed to be more quiet and reserved than usual.

"Why does it need to be me?" they heard Dinah ask as she entered the kitchen, a slight frown on her face. "Why not one of the others?" She sighed frustratedly after a few moments, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Fine, but you're paying for it," she grumbled. "Oh my god, you did this on purpose, I swear," she muttered, ending the call. She set her phone on the counter, letting out another annoyed sigh and laying her head in her hands, leaning onto the counter.

"What's up?" Ally asked cautiously, not wanting to upset the younger blonde anymore than she already was.

"I'm needed back home for my dad's business," Dinah explained. "And I am apparently the only one that can be there, because I supposedly know business more than any of my other siblings."

"And that's a problem because?" Normani asked, dragging out the last word.

"Because I need to be there for tomorrow night and the only flight out tonight is in four hours."

"Shit," the dark skinned woman muttered, earning a small glare from Ally.

"Yeah. I don't even want to go, but apparently it's 'vital for the company'," she said, making air quotes with her hands. "It's complete bs honestly. My dad had the flight booked and everything."

Ally shook her head. "Go pack, we'll handle the girls."

Dinah sighed, then felt a small tug on her shirt. She turned to see Lauren looking at her shyly. "Yeah, baby?" she asked, smiling slightly.

"Cuddle, Mama?" the green eyed girl requested quietly, kicking the floor softly.

The taller blonde sighed sadly, shaking her head. "Not today, sweets. I have to leave for a few days, and I don't have time," she explained apologetically, brushing Lauren's hair back.