2.

"I stay we start killing their girls, start killing their women. Enseñarles a los negros una lección."

"Stop speaking Spanish, you know I don't understand that shit." Roberto blurted out.

"You fake ass Hispanic, don't know Spanish. Who let him in this shit?" Another chimed in.

"I was born here, my parents were born here. It ain't my fault they ain't teach me Spanish. I'm not about to keep going through this shit with y'all."

"Man your ol' –"

"Alright," I cut in I wasn't here for this shit, they always got into about him not speaking Spanish. I could understand why it was bothersome, but at the end of the day Roberto bled this shit. He was a killer, would kill someone, jump someone, or shoot someone with no questions asked, and because of that shit and the loyalty he showed me before joining this shit, he was alright with me.

"We have to figure some shit out," I started as I looked over to Enriquez, anger and sadness all in his face. I pointed to him "them mothafucka's did a drive by at the basketball courts and hit nine of our people, six injured and three killed, one of them being Enriquez' little brother. This shit just got all the more serious." Enriquez' little brother was a senior in high school who actually wanted to do some shit with his life. The little ése was headed to college, and had his life taken for no reason.

"I want to find out who did the shit and I want his head personally," Enriquez fumed.

Finding out who did it wasn't impossible, but damn sure next to it. The thing with this war was that we never knew who killed who. We just knew it was us against them. But everybody had a specific killer in their shit, Roberto was ours and I know they had one too. However, when push came to shove we all started busting.

"We'll do what we can, but in the meantime we have to get back." I finished. We had a couple of chicas who liked to run with the blacks, but kept their loyalty to us. I'd put one up on game to keep her ears open, but right now I was focused on making them hurt like they had our community hurting.

"Man, let's kill their girls. I'm telling you that'll hit them where it hurts." Ramon stated again.

"Shit, I'm with it." One stated as others started nodding their head in agreement.

We'd stuck to just killing men, it started off with them killing one of ours over some petty ass game of basketball. Our guy and their guy, both gang related. Whoever the nigga was, he was a real hothead. So we hit them niggas back and popped two of theirs, ever since the shit been going, tic for tac. We stuck to trying to only hit niggas in the gang. But these niggas took it to hitting boys in the community with this last shooting. The police didn't give a fuck, they saw it as the minorities wiping out the minorities. Less shit for them to do.

I nodded my head, "we could, but are y'all going to be ready when they start gunning for your sisters and your moms?" That's the first thing that came to my mind, I had a little sister and if she got hit I'd be locked up for life, or die trying to kill every fucking body who might've did it.

"They already killed my fucking brother, my little fucking brother." Enriquez shouted. Tears forming in his eyes. "It's fucking war, I don't give a fuck. They asked for this shit when they hit that basketball court full of teenagers."

I nodded, completely understanding his anger and his rage as I put myself in his shoes. "Okay," I started as I began rubbing the few chin hairs I had.

"I'd rather us hit their women first, before they get to ours." Another added.

I nodded, I really wasn't trying to kill no women. I always felt like that shit was weak, killing women and killing children, especially if there was no real reason to do it. This was going to bring us to a whole different type of war. I stood there as I racked my brain for different options, listening to the chatter among them.

"Alright," I barked. All voices trailed off until no one was left talking. "I get y'all want to hit their women, that's fine. But this next hit isn't going to be like that." Some of them started sucking their teeth, as others nodded their head.

"And why the fuck not?" Ramon groaned. Ramon was a hothead, people thought I was ruthless, and I was but I also had a heart. Ramon was ruthless as hell and heartless too.

"Because we need to have a solid ass plan before he start gunning for their girls. Need to have a way to make sure ours ain't easily in harms way when they bust back. I'm not about to just hand them our girls cause we decided to act off of emotion." I was never one to act off emotion, emotions changed all the time.

The ones who sucked their teeth were now nodding their heads in agreeance as Ramon stood there with a stale face.

"Bust back on their courts," I started, "they won't expect it. With the way it's been going it seems that we always tried to go harder do more. They won't expect us to level out and a whole lot more of them be at the courts. They hit nine, let's go for twenty. We level out, but still hit more. Let the shit ride for some time, give it like two weeks then boom." I made my hand into a gun as I acted like I pulled the trigger.  Ramon smiled a sinister smile, making it clear he liked my plan.

"Let them think they won, cause we never wait that long to bust back. Let them think we letting the war die down, shit, even act like it. We have to hit them when they least expect it. It's war."