7.

I stood there fuming as I watched the news, regretting that I ever told Yuri. When I got back from Petey's she was at my house and saw how disheveled I was. I made her promise she wouldn't say anything but she went running to my brother quick; they were familiar with the name Ramon and they did the most reckless shit ever shooting at the neighborhood in which he was believed to live in. Shooting people that weren't him. I was just happy nobody was killed in the process, that would have been on my conscious.

I walked over to the couch, taking a seat as I sat there shaking, ready to light my brother's ass up as soon as he walked through the door, little did I know it would be days before he walked through the door. I ended up falling asleep on the couch, waking up in the middle of the night just to take myself to my room.

By this point I wasn't even upset with my brother anymore, I just wanted to make sure he was good. I heard that our basketball courts had got shot up, hitting at least ten niggas and two died, one being an OG. And not hearing from my brother only made shit worse, however I got in touch with Marquez, confirming that my brother was indeed alive, probably just laid up with some bitch because that's how he dealt with shit, he'd find some guts to dig into, like that solved any problems.

I heard the front door close, I checked the time on my laptop seeing it was damn near nine at night, three days later from when the shooting took place. He had ignored all my calls and all my text. I quickly set my laptop down, rushing out of my room to go meet my brother. I got downstairs seeing him take a seat on the couch like he was dead tired with Isabel seated beside him, she was slightly facing him with her hand on his thigh rubbing it. A look of confusion was written all over my face, I looked at both of them, my brother had his eyes close and Isabel gave me a small smile.

"What the fuck is this?" I asked a little louder than I meant to, causing my brothers eyes to jump open. "And where the fuck you been? Like what the fuck has been going on for you to be ignoring my calls. I was scared Joel."

He leaned up, "chill out Jo, I'm good."

"I can fucking see that now," I rolled my eyes at his obvious comment. "But you been missing for days, like what the fuck. You went and sho–" I stopped remembering Isabel was seated beside him. I looked over at her then back at my brother. "We need to talk," I said pointing between him and I.

"And what is this?" I continued as I pointed between him and Isabel.

He licked his lips as a smile spread across his face, his freckles burning against his light skin, he took so many features from our mother while I took a lot features from my dad. "This my shorty," he smiled as he put a hand on her thigh, looking at her with sex crazed eyes.

I choked on my spit causing me to cough, "a Hispanic, right now?" I looked at Isabel, distrust all over my face. I didn't trust her with my brother. Isabel was my friend, but at the end of the day it was different with her being my friend and her being my brother's "shorty" that took shit to a whole different level. If she gets mad at me, we just stop being friends, if she gets mad at him she might have the whole hood come after him and I wasn't here for this shit. I was seeing shit from Yuri's point of view now.

"Nobody knows, cause I know niggas gon trip. But I really fuck with her, plus she said she'll look out." My brother had to be sex driven right now, I swear pussy would be his downfall. He was a fool for it sometimes, especially when he was in distress.

I crossed my arms, by this point Isabel was refusing to make eye contact with me, purposely at least. "Look out how?"

"She's going to kind of be our eyes for the Hispanics, like keep me up on game. It was her idea."

I looked at her, "and why the fuck would she do that?" I asked my brother but had my eyes on her. Now she really wasn't looking my way, this shit had to be a set up.