9.

"Stop by this gas station!" Enriquez yelled out to Roberto.

"Man what you yelling for?" Roberto asked with attitude as he turned into the gas station. "Damn, bout to bust my eardrums and shit. Your drunk ass."

"Man, shut the fuck up, you always bitching and whining. Bout to bust my eardrums and shit." He mocked saying it almost as if he had speech problems causing the rest of us in the car to laugh.

I was a little tipsy, couldn't even flex. Drinking wasn't something I typically engaged in so it didn't take much to get me drunk, sadly. But I knew when to stop.  But these dudes would keep going, well past their limit and would always end up arguing like some bitches.

Enriquez hopped out the car to go into the store as Roberto put his card in the slot to get gas. I turned to Pedro, one of our young boys as he sat there with a cup in his hand and a goofy smile on his face as he read a message.

"Pussy got you smiling like that?" I had a small smile on my face as he looked up at me. He chuckled as he sat the phone down on his lap, "man Jose, I ain't even gon' lie. She be having my head gone."

I shook my head as I turned back around, leaning my head on the headrest. "That's that young boy shit."

"Nahh, I don't think so though," he started. "Like I know half these bitches out here ain't shit. But I know I got a good one."

"I thought the same thing once too." I wasn't here to crush his dreams, but it was plenty of girls out here who would sell you a dream and be fucking you and your cousin at the same time.

"She broke your heart?" He asked, truly curious. Probably due to the fact that I never engaged in this much conversation with him. I chuckled, I turned and looked at him. "The fuck I look like letting a girl break me?"

He laughed, "my bad, my bad."

"She hurt me though, yeah. Thought I had the best girl in the world. Bad as fuck, smart as hell. Head on straight. Dealing with a knucklehead like me? I was lucky, nah mean?"

He nodded, "turned out she had a couple of dudes feeling how I felt. Shawty was for everybody. She loved hood mothafuckas and bout damn near had a man from every hood." I laughed thinking back on it. I busted heads for her. Shit was wild. "Damn." He chuckled.

"Yeah, I ain't saying shawty ain't it. I'm just saying be careful. Play your cards right and keep your ears open." He nodded his head as I turned back around, just in time to see Johanna and a couple of other girls walk in the store.

I hadn't talked to her or seen her since she left my house which was almost two weeks ago. In that time we'd also popped her brothers main man, a dude named Quez that Izzy told us was always around and we made it know I was gunning for Joel's head, so we ain't kill him, just a couple of warning shots. Joel had been MIA since he let off a bullet in me. He should of killed me, cause ain't no way I'm going to let him live at the end of this.

I got out the car, making my way in the store. A little bit of liquid courage leading the way cause I had no idea what the fuck I was about to do or say but something drew me to her. I shouldn't have been drawn to her or wanted anything to do with her yet here I was.

I walked in seeing the backside of her and her friends, she had on a dress that accentuated her curves, her hair was straight, hitting the middle of her back.

"Yo," Enriquez slapped my shoulder, pulling my gaze from her ass to his face. "My guy, they got Rap Snacks back. Should I get Migos or Fetty Wap? I'm happy you came in here. Cause I been standing here conflicted."

I looked at him like he was stupid, looking back up to catch eyes with Johanna this time. She quickly shifted her gaze. I debated on going towards her, I was never really one to approach a girl, most times they came to me. Even the little shawty who bruised my heart approached me. But this wasn't the first time I'd saw Johanna, so the shit was different right?