5.

I walked in the house rolling my eyes as soon as I caught sight of the majority of my brothers gang members in the house. That shit made no sense to me, he made our house hot as hell by doing that shit. Granted they all managed to carpool and never park in front of the house the shit was annoying to walk into.

"Really Joel?" I asked my brother as soon as he made eye contact with me.

He waved me off, "don't start your shit yo, keep it moving. Shit will be quick. And y'all stop looking at my sister like that unless y'all asses trying to get busted."

I rolled my eyes again as I gazed around the room, seeing a lot of them look at me like a piece of meat. I caught eyes with Marquez, my brother's right hand, him being the only one I gave a small smile to. I had the biggest crush on him growing up and can't lie and say it's not still there. But it was one of those lines I didn't want to cross.

I walked into my room quickly setting my stuff down and grabbing my laptop to start an assignment that was due at midnight. About twenty minutes went by before there was a light knock on my door.

"Come in," I yelled without looking up, assuming it was probably my brother. "What's up pretty?" I looked up seeing Marquez, I looked him over as his chocolate skin gleamed, he licked his thick lips before a pearly white small formed. Why did this man have to look so good and be my brother's best friend?

"Hey," I smiled back as I closed my laptop, knowing damn well I needed to be completing that assignment but I was choosing to give him my undivided attention instead.

He took a seat in the chair at my desk, "how you been?" he asked as he licked his lips again, his hooded eyes focused on me, he always looked like he was giving bedroom eyes but his eyes were naturally like that. "I'm not interrupting you am I?" he cautioned.

I shook my head no, lying like hell. "I can finish it later, but I've been good, school be kicking my ass sometimes though, not going to lie." I started as I answered his question, "how you been?"

He chuckled, "I feel that shit. I commend you for going to college, I respect that shit. Forreal. But shit, you know how shit is, crazy as fuck."

I nodded my head, "yeah, I wish y'all would stop with that shit. I can't even go to my friend's house without it being some shit."

"What you mean?" he asked with one eyebrow raised. I realized I said too much, none of them would be cool with me kicking it with a Hispanic. I shook my head, "nothing."

"Nahh," he started as he leaned forward, his eyes alone doing something to me. His jawbone tightened, "Jo, tell me you ain't fucking with no Hispanics right now."

"I'm not," I lied straight through my teeth. He studied me, "then what was that comment about?"

"One of my friends live close to their part of town and I just be nervous as hell to go over there, scared they might shoot my ass." I lied.

He leaned back in the seat, believing my lie, which I was grateful for. "Relax." I smiled.

He smiled as he looked me up and down, then began shaking his head. "That shit ain't nothing to play with forreal, I don't want shit happening to you because you out here being too friendly. Ya hear?"

I nodded my head as I moved a piece of hair behind my ear, looking into his eyes, "I hear you" I responded barely above a whisper.

"But make sure you listening," he breathed out seductively. I unintentionally bit my lip, "I'm listening."

He looked me over one more time as my brother called out his name. He stood up, "I'll catch you later, keep your head in them books and keep your friendliness to a minimum. I know your ass."