12.

I stood in front of Jose as he sat on his couch, looking at me, waiting for me to talk.

It'd been a week since the incident at the store, I tried talking to him twice before this but it clearly didn't work out. Standing here in front of him now made me feel nervous.

"You ain't come over here to just look at me, say what you got to say" he blurted out after the silence was too long for his liking.

I cleared my throat, taking a seat on the couch opposite of him. "I'm sorry about what happened last week." I paused for a second, "I tried to go to another place to try and avoid the situation altogether."

"So were you trying to avoid seeing me cause you were with your boyfriend?" He asked as a look of confusion crossed his face.

"No Jose, I know that the two of you aren't fans of each other, so I tried to avoid any altercation that might take place, like the one that did and he's not my boyfriend." I replied with a roll of my eyes.

He chuckled, "that's not at all what he was saying."

"I know who I do and do not date."

"You damn sure wasn't speaking up then like he wasn't your boyfriend." He got me there, I couldn't truly say what I wanted without making Quez look like a fucking goof for trying to claim me but I wasn't his girl. I tucked a hair behind my ear, "I wouldn't have fucked you if I was in a relationship. Be real."

"Bitches cheat everyday. I'm being real as fuck."

"I didn't realize you cared so much. Glad to know you do." I gave a small smile.

He chuckled licking his lips as he shook his head and leaned up, his elbows leaning on his legs. "Man, why you here?"

He looked me dead in my eyes, looking like lust was dancing all in his. "I didn't want you thinking I was some shady ass bitch that I'm not. I don't get down like that."

He chuckled, "and why you trying to prove that to me? At the end of the day we wasn't shit, we just  fucked right?"

I laughed as I rolled my eyes, "okay Jose." He was right, I didn't owe him anything. But I liked him, that's why I felt I owed it to him. He chuckled as he leaned back again, one of his arms going behind his head.

"At the end of the day neither one of us can really feel any type of way, I mean I can feel like you a ho cause you fucked me when you got a dude. But shit, that's really it."

"I don't have a man, and I'm damn sure not a ho. Jose don't do this shit." He was doing the most now.

He laughed, "I'm not doing nothing, I'm being real."

"And I am too, You know I'm not a ho and I've made it clear Quez isn't my man. I came here specifically to let you know that because I was aware how it looked that day."

"That's all you came for? To let me know you don't have a man?"

It sounded childish as hell but it was the reason and that I couldn't lie about. "Yes." I easily replied.

He nodded his head, "okay, you finished saying whatever you came here for now?" I was taken aback with his response, all his responses. Ultimately I understood it to start with but I've made it clear it wasn't what it looked like. "What's your problem?" I blurted out.

He smiled as he raised one of his eyebrows, "my problem?" I nodded my head, "yeah, your problem."
He licked his lips as he stood up, looking me up and down. He shook his head, "I ain't got one. You seem like the one with a problem right now." He walked towards his kitchen as I stood up following.