chapter six

06 ; CAPITOL SCENT

06 ; CAPITOL SCENT

I think someone so brave should not wear a stupid costume.

𝐂𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫 

────────────────────

WE CONTINUED TO  watch the last reapings without Haymitch. My heart stopped when District 11 came up though. A twelve year old girl was reaped, no one volunteering for her like I did for Posy. Just to imagine she has to fight to her death against the careers, Percy.. Against me.

I got up and left the room after they reaped the boy for District 11. I had enough. I had enough of all those tribute's life getting wasted. Only one of us will live afterwards, but for what price? Just to entertain the Capitol and especially to entertain Coriolanus Snow, our President.

I looked through a window in the large corridor of the train. The train is running through a large tunnel. We must be close to the Capitol.

Peeta runs out of the room, shaking me out of my thoughts. "Effie said we're here, Ophelia."

Peeta stands next to me, closely, looking excitedly through the window.

"The Capitol.." Peeta said, making me turn my attention back to the clear window.

The tunnel finishes and we get the perfect view of the Capitol. I've never been here, I only heard people back in twelve fantasize about it, but this was never how I imagined it. Large buildings raise into the sky from the ground, I've never seen something like it before.

The train runs to the Capitol's main train station, where many Capitol citizens wait for us to arrive. They wave excitedly once they spot us looking through the window. "Wave! They love you!" Effie jumped up and down in her heels in excitement to finally be back in the Capitol.

Peeta does what Effie tells him, he waves back, giving them his brightest smile. He looks happy, but how long will he stay that way?

I wave back at them after a while, forcing a smile. I've never felt more uncomfortable in my entire life. I've never seen such a colorful crowd. All of them are dressed like Effie, wearing the brightest colours of choice from head to toe.