chapter twenty-one

21 ;  HIDDEN BLOODLUST

The whole arena is a death zone.❜

𝐎𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐞

───────────────────

I GROAN IN pain as I crawl my way over to Thresh slowly. I know that Thresh wasn't about to kill me, there wasn't any kill lust in his brown eyes, there was remorse. But after all he killed Clove because of Rue not because of me getting almost killed by the girl from District 2.

"Don't.. trust him," Thresh stuttered while his breathing got slower.

"Who?" I reply quickly, that's when I see what weapon killed Thresh. A silver trident is stuck in his back, it was Percy. I turn my head around to check my surroundings without seeing the long haired boy from the fishing District anywhere.

There was no hope to get Thresh fixed again. The trident broke his spine, his whole body is paralyzed.

"Thresh, who is not to be trusted?" I try again before Thresh's body collapses to the ground. He screams in pain while his body shuts down. "Ophelia, p-please.."

He begs me in pain, wanting to end the pain for once and for all. I quickly grab around the trident and pull it out carefully to release a bit of the pain. Thresh answers with another loud scream, his voice cracking.

"I'm so sorry.." I whisper, holding back my tears. I never had the chance to have a proper conversation with him but I wish I did.

Thresh's whole shirt is bloody while he begs for his death another time. I grab around one of my arrows and close my eyes.

"May we meet again."

I use the bow to stab him right into the heart, which gives him the fastest death with less pain. Thresh's body relaxes once my arrow reaches his heart. I open my watery eyes and look at the boy from my neighbour District.