chapter seventeen

17 ; SLINGSHOT

17 ; SLINGSHOT

I don't think the Careers have got enough brain to bury the mines.

─ 𝐎𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐞

───────────────────

CATO STARES AT me for what feels like an eternity.

I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid. I keep repeating in my head until I actually believe my mind games.

Then the District 2 boy turns away from me and Percy again to look at his friends and Peeta. "Let's get going then," He said in an angry tone before moving into the woods like Peeta suggested. My whole body relaxes automatically, Cato keeps his promise to keep me alive.

The other move along, obviously seeing Cato as their leader. I heard some comments from Glimmer about how wet her shoes are and I just roll my eyes. This girl is in a deadly arena and all she cares about is her wet socks. What bothers me the most is Glimmer's weapon of choice though; the bow she holds around.

Me and Percy wait a few minutes before getting out of our hiding place. "What was that?" The boy looks at me suspiciously, confused why Cato didn't bust us. I shrug before walking out of the water slowly. "He's not that bad."

"Apparently," Percy mocked me while he follows me out of the water, still whimpering in pain.

"We have to get you some medicine."

"I'm fine, twelve. Just fill up your water bottle and get going."

I sigh before I get out my empty water bottle. I fill it up and drink half of it before filling it up again, Percy doing the same. We decide to move towards north, to avoid meeting the careers any time soon.

Me and Percy stay quiet the whole time while we wander in the woods which gives me time to think about what just happened. Are they treatening him? That must be it, but I wouldn't betray my friends even though I was faced with death. It just show who Peeta really is.

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒 ━ CATO HADLEY₁On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara