chapter twenty-three

23; End Game

23; End Game

I'm glad you're alive, twelve.

─ 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲 𝐎𝐝𝐚𝐢𝐫

───────────────────

I open my eyes, take in my surroundings. The smell of blood fills the air while my eyes scan the familiar room. I'm at home, back in twelve.

"O."

I turn my head when I hear my nickname coming from my brother's lips. He stands there, dark red liquid running over his plum lips down to his chin. The blood leaves dark marks on the wood floor while I try to run to him but my feet won't move a muscle. I try to scream but no Sound leaves my lips, what is going on?

My brother drops to his knees, begging for help while he continues to scream now my full name.

"Help him!"

Who?

"Leave me and help him! Save him!"

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. This is all a dream, make it stop.

Ace is save back home, he's not real.

I suddenly feel something wet and cold in my right Hand. I open my eyes while Ace suddenly stopped screaming, only looking at me, his usual warm chocolate eyes turned blank.

I look down at my right hand, full of blood before I realize what I held in my hand the whole time. I drop it onto the wood floor, the whole room echoeing. It's a cut out tongue

I open my eyes in shock, my whole forehead sweaty before I realize I felt asleep in the arena, next to Cato. I sit up and scan the area. "Cato? Peeta?" I call for them, looking in every direction. Their things are gone, just like my backpack and my bottle of water.

And my bow and all the arrows.

Great just great. They left me behind, it was planned all along.

Percy was right, my empathy for others will get me killed. I decide to get further into the Arena, away from the sleeping point.

It's only the five of us left. Cato, Peeta, Percy, the girl from District 8 and me.

Suddenly there's a loud boom, meaning someone took their last breath. I catch myself wishing it's Percy but then the face of the girl fills the sky.

I bite down on my plum lips. This means all against all from now on. I stop breathing for a few seconds while I hear someone running through the woods. I quickly hide behind a tree, after all I've got no weapon.

I can't believe my eyes, it's Percy. The capitol favorite who was using my trust from the beginning in the arena. He's coming for all of us.

Percy holds around his bloody trident while his shoulder long hair is all over the place and his clear face is covered in fight wounds. He's running into the direction of the Cornucopia.

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒 ━ CATO HADLEY₁On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara