Chapter 2:Day 2 Wild Eyes

{G}

The clock read five am and Ga Eul found herself unable to sleep. The past few hours she had spent staring at the heart on her ceiling.

"Chu Ga Eul you pabo" She muttered to herself once more before turning to the right side. She had spent most of the night contemplating her stupid decision. Instinctively her hand went up to her lips.

"Pabo, Pabo," She chanted.

"I even hit him for kissing me." She muttered to herself turning to face the ceiling again only to cover her face with a pillow when she felt her face grow hot.
"Wait. This isn't my fault." Ga Eul thought sitting up on her bed and frowning.

"That jerk told me he wouldn't try anything. It's not my fault I slapped him." She reminded herself only to sigh when she realized she had agreed to his plan.

"Jae Ha. When will you notice me?" She wondered to herself sadly.

It was stupid on her part really. Once Yi Jeong had mentioned a remote chance to acquire the person she desired most she had complied with his wishes. Now, however, she was afraid that Yi Jeong would take advantage of her. Turning to the left side where her pink wall was decorated in memories she saw a laser figure of a cat and turned abruptly. Reaching for her own laser pointer she flashed the pink flower figure across the street. Her heart raced when two flickers came back and quietly she stood from her bed and turned her alarm off. Putting on her fluffy pink slippers and grabbing her coat to put over her pink pajamas with bunnies she climbed out of her window and headed to the front of her house. From across the street, Jae Ha waved happily at her before walking over to her and sitting on the porch beside her.

From the time they were children, they had developed a code to talk to each other without their parents knowing. Jae Ha's older brother had given them the lasers as children and Jae Ha had the idea to use them as code to sneak out and talk if there was ever an emergency. Through the years, things had always been playful. Jae Ha would want to play with her or even give her an early birthday gift, Christmas gift, or vise Versa. Now that they were older however, the most meaningful conversation they had ever had was when Jae Ha had cried over his elder brother leaving to study abroad. Ga Eul remembered not knowing how to comfort Jae Ha only telling him that things would be okay. These days, however, when Jae Ha seemed to have a problem it amounted to girl troubles and Ga Eul would often listen with a fake soft smile that hurt her cheeks while she gave words of encouragement that left her feeling bitter.

A long moment of silence lingered amongst the two while the cold air whistled past them and then, Jae Ha sighed.

"Melanie thinks you like me." Jae Ha spoke to her calmly.

"What?" Ga Eul questioned feeling her heart race.

"It's silly I know." Jae Ha quickly corrected himself.

"She claims you purposely dragged me away from our date"

"Oppa. I would never-"

"I could never," Ga Eul stuttered out.

"Relax. Okay." Jae Ha spoke resting his hand on Ga Eul's back gently, slowly rubbing up and down to try and calm her. Though it had the opposite effect on Ga Eul.

"I know it's not true. We've been friends since we were children I've explained this to her countless of times before meeting you but. Ga Eul." Jae Ha spoke with a smile.

"Melanie thinks your too beautiful to just be my friend." Jae Ha admitted, his words making Ga Eul blush.

"Oppa."

"It is true Ga Eul. Any guy would be lucky to to date you."

"Just not you." Ga Eul thought sadly.