Chapter 6: Day 6: Prickles

There's a soft breeze. The sun is hardly out, and the day is neither hot nor cold.

"Bunny," Ariel speaks pointing up at the sky. Ga Eul looks to where her friend is pointing and nods.

"It looks more like a hat with ears." Jae Ha speaks up with a sigh.

"I see cat." Ga Eul announces before taking a lick of her ice pop.

Weekends were always the laziest for the trio and most of the time they spent it going out to eat ice-cream, watching movies, or going to the mall together. Currently, they were sprawled out in Jae Ha's back yard eating a cold popsicle and cloud watching. Their heads were resting against one another in a triangular form as they looked up at the sky.

"You always see cats Ga Eul." Ariel points out.

"It's my cat lady destiny calling out to me." Ga Eul jokes.

"You just miss Cinnamon." Jae Ha speaks.

"Speaking of dead animals. Where's your hag Melonhead?" Ga Eul refrains from laughing by biting her lip and she can practically picture Jae Ha frowning at Ariel's comment before he sighs.

"My hags name is- I mean. My girlfriend's name is Melanie, Ariel." Jae Ha says.

"Tomato Potato Skunk boy," Ariel says and this time Ga Eul does laugh and Jae Ha shakes his head at both of them though there is a smile on his lips.

"Why don't you two ever like any of the girls I date?" Jae Ha questions.

"Me?" Ga Eul squeaks out.

"Must be that huge crush I have on you Pepé Le Pew" Ariel speaks sarcastically and this time Ga Eul has bit her pink lemonade flavored ice-pop that she sits up choking and wincing when the cold ice passes down her throat rather roughly. Wincing Ga Eul still giggles while Jae Ha sits up and glares at Ariel.

"I'll remind you that I wasn't the only one that was sprayed by that skunk." Jae Ha points out and Ariel laughs.

"I know but the smell didn't fry my brain or Ga Eul's." Ariel retorts happily perching her head on Jae Ha's lap and throwing her feet on Ga Eul's. Jae Ha and Ariel go back and forth and Ga Eul smiles at them. She doesn't have siblings but she supposed Ariel and Jae Ha came pretty close to that. They certainly argued like that and Ga Eul was always the peacemaker between them.

Watching as Jae Ha flicked Ariel in the forehead, Ga Eul laughed only to have Jae Ha pat her head. Scrunching her nose Ga Eul stuck her tongue out at Jae Ha who laughed. Gasping softly Ga Eul was startled when she was pulled back to the grass by Ariel who laughed, Jae Ha joining in the laughter. Sighing, Ga Eul then laid back down and they simultaneously shifted so that someone was lying their head on somebody. Ariel on Jae Ha, Jae Ha on Ga Eul and Ga Eul on Ariel.

"We wouldn't have a problem with your girlfriends if they liked us. Melanie's been the worst so far." Ariel points out her tone soft.

"You're like our big brother. We should be allowed to talk to you without being glared at by some girl." Ariel speaks.

"Yeah. Your right." Jae Ha sighs.

"She and I broke up." He tells them both.

"Sorry." Ga Eul and Ariel both say and this time Jae Ha laughs, his tone light and letting both girls know that he's alright.

"Yeah right." He tells both of them prompting them all to laugh again.

"I should get more guy friends." Jae Ha says to them jokingly.

They all lay in the silence again enjoying each other's company and occasionally someone pointing out another cloud; the afternoon is mostly calm. Ga Eul enjoys these times with their friends. The three of them aren't very wild and they all enjoy the silence and each other's company.