Of Goodbye's and I love you's

{A}

There were rows of chairs upon rows of chairs that filled the school's large auditorium. Said auditorium was decorated with many balloons and a large banner congratulation the Senior students who were graduating. The students all sat together smiling brightly, happy to be done with High School, and optimistic about their future. Their parents sat in the back waiting patiently for their child's name to be called. Amongst those parents were Ariel's parents, beside them Jae Ha's parents and brother, Luna's parents and of course F4, Il Hyun, Ga Eul, Jan Di, and Jae Kyung.

Ariel couldn't help but smile while she held back bittersweet tears. In just a few hours she would be leaving. There would no longer be any more time. She had not wanted to stay, simply because there was so much to do in New York and she didn't want to think too much about the people she would miss.

Clapping on the stage caused her to grow startled and look up to see the principal calling up the school's valedictorian. Smiling Ariel found herself clapping and screaming along with the rest of the students while she looked at Jae Ha who stood on stage. Everyone was in their school uniform for the very last time. It was nostalgic.

Luna, who had not been there long simply offered a bright smile, and Ariel found herself taking her friend's hands so as not to cry. Luna simply squeezed her hand and both girls turned to look at the stage wait for Jae Ha to begin speaking.

"I think everyone is excited to begin a new life. Many people forget that the past and the way you live are what make you. For some people graduating means forgetting what happened here good or bad and starting over. If you had bad grades, you think about getting a good job working extra hard at your university. If you had good grades you want to strive for even better." Jae Ha continued looking down at the crowd.

"If you were invisible in school you want to be seen and if you were a bully well..." Jae Ha's eyes turned to look at Autumn, Ha Na, Summer, Gook, Ray, and Joon.

"You learn that sometimes the past will follow you. Life isn't about the strongest or the meanest it's about overcoming." Jae Ha spoke turning to look at Ariel and causing her to smile at him.

"Life is about taking chances even when you know you're going to lose the girl. Even when your unsure of what your future will be. Life is about taking what you've learned so far and allowing it to help you grow. Even if it's far from home and friends." Jae Ha ended causing everyone to begin to scream louder. The Principal then came back speaking names out loud and going through the rows of people until it was finally Ariel's turn.

While walking up her heart was racing mainly out of fear that someone would scream something hurtful and the last thing she wanted was for this last memory in Korea to be tainted with hurtful words. However, that was not what awaited her. Ariel suspected that it had to do with the power that was F4. She was glad for that because when she received her diploma and looked out into the crowd she could see all her friends and she offered a bright smile to them without any worries.

The graduation ceremony lasted a few more minutes. Everyone was excited and when that last person was called it felt like things had gone by way too fast. At first, Ariel was dragged by both Jae Ha and Luna into taking pictures, she had the camera of course and promised to email the pictures to them. No one really approached her and Ariel was glad, from a distance she could see her bullies. They all kept their distance and Ariel even saw their parents look at her with caution but she ignored it all.

Her parents were at a close distance and Ariel found herself smiling brightly when she saw them along with Yi Jeong and the rest of her friends. Her father was the first to approach her, kissing her cheek and handing her a bouquet of flowers. Smiling Ariel thanked her father just before her mother enveloped her in the tightest of hugs which caused Ariel to tear up.