Chapter 15: Crossroads

{YJ}

There was insistent knocking on YI Jeong's door which caused his head to pound harder than it had been. Groaning he covered his head with a pillow and shut his eyes tightly hoping that his headache would magically disappear. Yi Jeong vaguely remembers stumbling upstairs to his own bed. What he does remember clearly however was his fight with... well, everyone.

Yi Jeong tried to ignored the feelings of guilt that continued to try and push their way inside him. He wanted to forget Ga Eul's eyes which were so sad and there was a look which he knew meant she'd given up on him which he did not know how to take. It was over, and yet; Yi Jong wanted it never to end.

"It was for the best." He reminded himself once again.

The pounding on the door had not subsides and Yi Jeong had finally had enough he spoke hoping the staff would go away.

"Get lost!"
When the knocking abruptly stopped YI Jeong sighed glad that he could rest.

"I'm not going anywhere So Yi Jeong you open this door."
Confused Yi Jeong frowned and sluggishly he got off his bed and headed to open the door.

"Auntie" Yi Jeong spoke in surprise.

"Sorry I."

"Your father's out." She spoke to him calmly.

"Come downstairs once you've showered and have breakfast."

"I'm not really hungry."

"I'll be waiting downstairs you have thirty minutes. Dress casually. You and I will be going on a trip afterward."

Yi Jeong wanted to protest but when he opened his mouth to speak his aunt glared at him shutting him up.

"Make it fifteen." She spoke to him narrowing her eyes at him and Yi Jeong had no other choice but to nod in acceptance. With a pounding head and feeling the sleepless nights he had gone through Yi Jeong sluggishly got ready. By the time he was downstairs his aunt was already putting food on the table.

"Take this." His aunt spoke handing him medicine for a hangover.

"Eat. This hangover soup will help you settle your stomach." She continued.

"Ariel informed me of what happened." She spoke, causing YI Jeong to cringe.

"She didn't say anything to compromise you. Not that she needed to."

Once again YI Jeong winced. He was aware of what Ariel's mother claimed to do. Then again, as he remembered part of what he was sure was the past. Him living with the Lee family, his aunt and uncle, Yi Jeong had to swallow the anger that rose in his chest.

"I know things have been hard lately. I can't say that I'm not angry."

"It's not your business."

"I can take care of myself. I always have."

For a moment Annabelle did not say anything and Yi Jeong simply continued to eat quietly there was something building in his chest which he was trying to ignore and simply focused on the task at hand which was eating in order to forget.

"Really?" Annabelle questioned.

"You sure know how to make an argument." She continued.

"Where's your father?"

"Out."

"Alright. I'll let you finish having breakfast. But I'll be waiting in the car."

"Car?"

"We're going on a trip."

{G}

Her mind had not shut itself off for a minute. Sleep had once again left her and once again Ga Eul found herself crying once more. When Jae Ha had dragged her away from Yi Jeong part of her was glad because she did not have the strength to do so herself. She had not wanted to give up on him but there was nothing she could do.