Chapter 11: Limbo

{G}

There was an ache in her heart that Ga Eul was trying to ignore. A feeling that only considered to twist inside her chest and yet somehow here she found herself again. One week. One week since Yi Jeong had been injured and one week since she had seen the cold, distant, and broken. This was more than her pain. It was the pain that she could see in YI Jeong's eyes when he last looked at her. The way his eyes tried to fight the pain. She could see all of it. His words hurt and Ga Eul kept feeling her heart sink when she heard him tell her he hated her. Fighting back tears and taking a deep breath she knocked on the door before walking in to find the room empty.

This was one of her many attempts that week to try and get Yi Jeong to react. She wanted to be able to talk things out with him. Each time she was not allowed to go in his room. Yet Ga Eul still had hope. Mainly because Yi Jeong had not asked security to escort her out and for that, she was sure that there was just a glimmer of hope. Deep down in her heart she knew Yi Jeong wasn't really like this. She had seen him the past few weeks. The real Yi Jeong. The guy whose smile was charming yet boyish at the same time. The person who had been kind to her, friendly and had tried to open up to her. More than that, Ga Eul could not forget how sweet and gentle Yi Jeong had been to her through out their trip and time spent together. Even if his sweet side had only given her glances of who Yi Jeong was she believed in him.

She thought of those eyes and that person that had confessed he was afraid to be alone. Those eyes that spoke to her like an open book which she realized were begging her to stay with him and yet. That moment in the hospital where he had angrily spoken to her and told her he hated her felt like quite the opposite. His eyes were once again wild, like a wounded animal begging for mercy. Out of fear. Why did he fear her? How could he be afraid of her? Ga Eul truly believed in her heart that Yi Jeong was afraid to feel more. She could feel her heart being squished again and sighed.

"The patient is gone." Startled out of her thoughts Ga Eul turned to see a nurse and offered a weak smile. The woman smiled back kindly.

"He checked himself out quite early in the morning. I've had to tell his relatives and his friends." The nurse explained.

"He's technically still a minor."

"He was. Quite persistent. We had no choice." The nurse spoke. Bowing politely Ga Eul headed out taking her phone out only to realize she'd had it on silent and had missed the several calls and text messages from her friends. All of them telling her about Yi Jeong and none off them being able to contact him.

Worried Ga Eul sped out of the hospital toward her moped. Her heart racing. She was afraid for him. His wild eyes flashing in her head and she honestly hoped that for everyone's sake he would get through this. For now, she was going to go find him.

{A}

It was a quarter to 3 and Ariel nervously bit her lip while she waited outside her school gate. Sending what felt like the hundredth text message to Ga Eul, having already left hundreds of voicemails Ariel continued to nervously shake her leg as she sat against the school gate.

"No luck?" Jae Ha questioned sitting beside her.

"No." Ariel spoke.

"Yi Jeong isn't answering his phone either. This is bad. For both of them."

"It's his fault you know. That Ga Eul is not answering. We both know."

"I know." Ariel spoke interrupting him.

"But I also know this isn't Yi Jeong's fault." Ariel spoke her voice soft yet stern as she looked back at her friend.

"We shouldn't just sit around we have to find her." Jae Ha spoke to her.