23.3:"Family".

"What?". She asked confused, "Is this a joke?".

"No, I am serious. I-". He started

"No, I don't agree". She said angrily, "How can you even think that?. Did I give you such signal?".

He shakes his head as she continued, "I am never going to agree to this. There is so much that will go wrong with this one decision. Everyone will actually think I trapped you".

"Listen to me-". He said when her phone rings

She answers the call and what she heard has her stumble in her steps.

"What is it?". He asked concerned

"M-My house". She said in a whispers

*****
She enters inside watching around her broken house. The police were spread all over her tiny apartment looking around.

"Someone broke into your house and damage everything". The police explained

"I-". She said looking around losing her mind

"Surraya". He said softly knowing who did all this

She turns to him as he speaks, "Please".

She shakes her head, "No, I-".

"Please say yes, Surraya". He pleaded

She looks at him shaking, "Yes".

*****
"So you are my mom now?". Afifa asked

Surraya nodded and in a second Afifa wraps her arms around her.

"Yes, I am so happy". Afifa said squealing, "We will have so much fun".

Surraya chuckle, "Yeah, we will".

Abdullah smiles looking at them talking after the whole discussion. He wasn't afraid that Afifa would not accept her. He had a clear idea that if his daughter will ever accept anyone in his life it will be her.

Like him.

"I have to go now". Surraya said sighing brushing her clothes, "I have night duty".

He nodded kissing his daughter forehead telling her he will be back after dropping Surraya.

"Did they find who did that to my home?". She asked stressed

He holds her hand stopping her pulling her closer to him. He can see how stressed she's been since she saw her house destroyed.

"Don't stress yourself. I will find whoever it is and deal with it. I married you so you can be free not burdened". He said softly

She nodded.

"I have to go now". She said nervously looking around

He sighs leaving her hand as she walks away. He hates they have to pretend for the people. Well, he wouldn't. She is his wife and he doesn't need people opinions on it.

******
She enters Afifa room to find her reading the book she provides her with. For now, she wants her to believe in fantasies and a better world so she hands them the books that are for younger kids.

Since she didn't get to read them.

Children need to live in fantasies at least for a while because the harsh world will gain on them one day. Until then, let them believe in fantasies.

"Woah! Flowers". Surraya squeal

Abdullah smiles looking at her happy face and then turn to his daughter who rolls her eyes at her, "You act like a child".