<part 13> (bad's view) (prom, FINAL ENDING!) (chicheesesticks on instagram.)

Before we start, there's a soundtrack to this chapter, if you have another device or Spotify, I recommend playing sign of the times by Harry styles, and welcome and goodbye by Dream, Ivory (if you don't mind the curse words and stuff, do ya like x  resonance childish gambino slowed, but it's not one I strongly recommend)— to get in the mood for this chapter. Thanks! <33
(I think a person on Twitter drew the photo for this chapter, not sure but I searched "badboyhalo in a suit", so if you have any luck, lmk so I can add creds! ; found it! chicheesesticks on instagram.)

Today was prom day. Me and Zak had come so far. If you would have told us we would be going to prom together 5 months ago, we wouldn't believe it.

But here we are. The big day. Today, we're going public.

I stepped out of my room in my favorite suit and tucked my hands in my pockets. my mom and dad didn't know I was going with anybody really. All they knew is that I was going, and they were proud to have just that.

"I'm gonna be late, mom." She put her hand on my cheek and tilted her head. "I'm so proud of you, finally coming out your shell, hanging with friends!"

I blushed and looked away. My dad put his hand on my shoulder. "Hey, muffin. Kiddo. I'm also proud of you."

I smiled at him and pulled my suit sleeve back to look at my watch. Zak would be pulling up soon.
"Aw, guys thank you, but my uh... my friend is gonna be here in a bit."

"Okay, we'll be back whenever is good for you! Also, if you need to spend the night somewhere else, message us!"

"Okay, mom! Bye!"
I darted out the door and stood on the sidewalk looking down the street to see bright lights stopping at my house. Zak rolled down the window and said "get in here, muffinboyhalo!"

I giggled and ran around the side of the car. Before getting in I waved to my parents who were standing in the doorframe. My dad yelled "don't have too much fun!" And winked at me. I think.. I think he knows. (fanfic dad def knows)

Z- alright, ready to get our prom on?

D- don't say that ever again

Zak laughed and drove off.

Once we pulled into the parking lot of prom, the loud bass and music boomed in my ear, but I was too busy holding out my hand for Zak, ready to walk into prom as a couple. He glanced at my hand and walked forward, not even taking it. I brushed it off, because maybe he didn't know I wanted to hold hands.

I stood next to him and looked the building. It looked huge, but you could see the room everybody was in from outside. All we had to do was find it.

Zak turned to me and smiled. "Let's do this!"

I smiled back. "Yeah, let's do this!"

Once we found our way to the room, we looked around in awe. They really went out for this one.
I looked up at the huge chandelier and over at the drink stand. Suddenly, I felt a hand take mine and drag me to the center.

Of course, it was Zak. He spun me around and pulled me close to his chest.
"I should dance like how I did when we first met."

"Oh, please don't that was em-"
He let go of me, started dancing around me in a circle, waving his hands and laughing hysterically. Moving his head side to side while looking at me. I laughed and started dancing as well. (This is where the soundtrack comes in! By now, you should be at the bridge of the Harry styles song. If on Spotify, somewhere near 2 minutes.) Quickly, I decided at the drop of the song, I would kiss Zak, In of front everybody. I was so excited. So when his dance-circle stopped in front of me, I put my hands on his cheeks, and pulled him in. He looked at me with big eyes and put his hands on my chest, and pushed me away. I put my arms down slowly, looking at him with confusion. I tried to talk to him, but the music was too loud. "Don't you want...—?" "I'm sorry.." all I could make out was I'm sorry.