Chapter 18

You were tired of your teammates. Always telling you to forgive Ghiaccio, always telling you to at least listen to him... You didn't want to. You were still hurt. It's been a week since the accident. You couldn't heal in a week. To think that he was just using you... The worst is that you really loved him. You still do.

Everytime you see Ghiaccio, he doesn't say a word to you. He seemed sad. Pff. Like you were going to believe it.

Today, you were called to Risotto's office.

"Is there a mission for me?"

"No.", he simply said. And then he ordered you to sit. You already knew what your boss was going to say.

"Before you start, Risotto, I just want you to know that I won't forgive Ghiaccio no matter what you say or do."

"Look.", he sighed, "That day, I called Ghiaccio here to ask about his relationship with you and-"

"You've told me that already!"

"So what? More reasons for you to know what I'm going to say."

"Huh?"

"Ghiaccio loves you. He really does. He just joked about your relationship when you were listening. Ghiaccio isn't a bad guy. Please at least listen to what he has to say."

"No. And that's final."

"I don't know if you've realized that already but I will call you here every week until you accept listening to him."

"You can try.", you were getting mad.

"You still love him, don't you?"

You went silent. Yes, you really do love him. You can't forget him. You started thinking about the moments you spent together, the meals you shared, the feelings... Everything. You still couldn't believe his smile was fake.

"T-That's none of your concern.", you got up when you felt tears coming. You got out of the office and bumped into someone.

Your heart stopped. You locked eyes with Ghiaccio for just a second.

"(Y/N)... Can I-"

"No.", you pushed him away feeling your voice cracking.

"Please. I beg you. Listen to me.", he asked, grabbing you arm, "It's been a week. I miss you. I really love you and I will keep pursuing you until you understand I'm the only one for you."

You just used your Stand to free yourself from his grasp.

"Don't talk to me.", you said, entering your room and closing the door on his face.

***

Around sleeping hour, you were ready to sleep. However, when you were brushing your teeth, you heard something on your door. You put your head through the bathroom door to see a letter being throwned inside your room.

You went to pick it up with your toothbrush still on your mouth. It was Ghiaccio writing. You wanted to throw it in the trash but it was a long letter. He even drew himself looking sad. Your heartbeat increased. Little Ghiaccio was so cute. How could you say no?

You finished washing your teeth and went to sit on the bed reading his letter.

"Dear Diary
There is this girl I like. You won't believe it but she's the most perfect girl I have ever seen. She has (E/C) eyes and (H/C) hair. Her laugh is my favorite sound in the world. She is really pretty and funny.
I feel myself when I'm with her. She makes me smile and be happy, I guess. I shouldn't admit it to anyone, not even you but I love her more than I love myself. I am hopelessly in love with her.
(Y/N) is my reason to live. I can't be happy without her.
So why am I writing in this paper, you ask? Because I messed up big time. (Y/N) was with me and would still be if I didn't make a joke. A fucking joke, won't you believe that? She was eavesdropping at the wrong time. So she misunderstood. I am miserable without her. I miss her so much it hurts. Waking up to see her sleeping peacefully, listening to her jokes that aren't even funny but I laugh because it's her, her warmth, her everything. I won't give up until she forgives me. Do you think she is going to give me a chance to explain?"

The letter ended there. You started crying without even realizing. You got out of the bed after cleaning your tears and marched to the door. You were going to give him a chance. No way he would bother himself in writing a letter if he wasn't invested, that's for sure. When you opened it, you found Ghiaccio just standing there. You gasped in surprise, giving a step back.

"Gh-Ghiaccio?"

"Please, five minutes.", he asked.

You couldn't say no, letting him enter in your room. You were still holding his letter while trembling.

Then he opened his mouth and explained everything that happened in Risotto's office with his face down. You listened to every bit of it.

"Look, you have every right to be mad. You have every right to hate me. You have every right to kick me in the balls again and make me leave. But I really do love you. From the bottom of my heart. From the bottom of my soul.", he approached you, grabbing your hands. You looked to stare at his eyes," Please forgive me."

"How can I know it was a joke?"

Then your heart sank. You saw tears in Ghiaccio's eyes. He was... Crying?!

"I-I don't know... I promise I won't joke about this ever again...", he sobbed, "Please forgive me..."

You hugged him, burying your face on his chest. His heart was beating so fast. Just like yours. You felt him hugging you back.

"I love you so much.", you whispered to his ear when you lifted your head. Then you gave him a small kiss on the lips.

"I love you so much too. You are my life."

You hugged him harder. How could you doubt your man? You felt Ghiaccio looking into his pockets. He took the ring out again. Then you remembered throwing it at him and started to cry again.

"I'm so sorry! I was so mad! I couldn't even think straight! O-Of course I'll take it back!"

"It's all in the past now.", he smiled at you.

You looked at the necklace. Then, you took out the ring and put it on your finger.

"We don't need to hide it anymore.", you smiled, cleaning your tears.

"Yeah."

And you two hugged a bit more. Then Ghiaccio said:

"It's better if I leave now, right?"

"Huh? Why?"

"I don't want you thinking I'm just using you. I don't want to repeat things and-"

You put a finger in his lips, asking for his silence. You smiled:

"I won't think that ever again if you don't joke about it ever again. Besides, I was hoping", you blushed, "that we could cuddle."

"If that's what you want, I won't say no.", he smirked.

After laying down under the covers, you smiled at him happily at him.

"What?", Ghiaccio asked with his usual frown.

"Nothing, nothing. I just like looking at you. I can't stop loving you."

"Sure. Do whatever you want"

After some seconds, you said:

"Won't you say it back?"

"Say what?"

"Ghiaccio...", you pouted.

He sighed:

"Fine... I like you, stupid."

So, this is the end of the main story. But there will be some bonus chapters. ( ^ ^ )
See you tomorrow. I hope you liked it!