Chapter 4

Aunt Waje had always been a very energetic woman. She loved her niece, Kunmi, and nephew, Dante, a lot. She was their mother's eldest sister, and was equally rich and very straightforward. Her business, which was ranked the third most famous and richest fashion industry in the country, had it's headquarters in the Abuja. Which was the country's federal capital territory, hence, the reason why she lived in Abuja.

And after two weeks of Kunmi's stay in Lagos, she finally decided it was time to head over to Abuja, to live with her aunt Waje; who had been expecting her visit for far too long. One could only imagine, the smile and joy the news of Kunmi's arrival brought her. She was most elated, and had personally gone to fetch Kunmi from the airport. Something she rarely ever did.

As they drove back to aunt Waje's mansion, where she lived with her husband and four kids, Kunmi couldn't help the smile that appeared on her lips. She still hadn't forgotten how aunt Waje's children could be really... Energetic as well.

Aunt Waje's children, were not exactly spoilt, but sometimes acted like they were. She had two girls, who were twins and were Kunmi's age mates, and two boys. The first boy, which was the oldest, was three years older than Dante, and was married with a child. Then, the second son, who was also the last child, was in his final year in Secondary School, and was quite a handful. By names: Victor, which was the eldest son and eldest child. Pelumi and Peju, were the twins, and then Timi; which was the youngest of them all.

Kunmi hadn't said much ever since she'd gotten into her aunt's Lambo. She, rather, had her mind floating on so many other things. She missed home, and didn't like that she had to leave. But she felt it was better for her, and her parents were very supportive of her stay with aunt Waje. She was going to return to Lagos, after two months of her stay there in Abuja. And she had already drafted all the things she would do while she would be there. First, she was going to get a job. She knew it wouldn't be wise to seek a job in a hospital, and work for only two months and then quit, so she decided it would be better to help her aunt in her business industry. After all, aunt Waje had always asked of her help whenever she came visiting. Not that aunt Waje didn't have enough workers already, she simply loved when her niece helped out. Why? Well, that's because she knew Kunmi would do it for free. And who didn't like anything free?

And finally, second, she was going to have fun. She had had enough sulking and heartaches in a lifetime. And now? She wanted to simply live life; bold and strong — just as before. Only this time, she wouldn't care what anyone else thought about it. After all, this was her life.

"You seem very lost. What happened?" Aunt Waje asked, and Kunmi sighed. She forced a small smile out of her, and shook her head.

"Nothing. Just tired." She lied, and aunt Waje nodded her head. Not because she believed her lie, but because she knew the girl didn't want to talk about whatever was bothering her.

Again, they proceeded the mansion,and when they finally arrived, the servants were already there to help with Kunmi's belongings.

"Welcome," they chirped, as they helped with her luggages. Kunmi, in return, smiled at them, while aunt Waje led the way to the living room.

Pelumi was first to sight Kunmi. Tall, dark skinned, slim, and very pretty. Pelumi had almost the exact same features with her mother, only that her mother was light skinned, whilst she took her father's darker skin. She had on a blue jumpsuit, and had her natural hair up in a puffy bun.

"Kunmi's here!" She squealed, and ran towards her. She engulfed her cousin in a warm embrace. "You eh," she grinned, and smacked Kunmi, lightly, on her shoulder. "You that said you would call me. I waited like a fool, all those years, and decided to call you instead. You were just acting as if you no send me." Pelumi hissed, and gave her cousin a playful nudge.