Chapter 8

It was hard to decide on an outfit, and Kunmi didn't even know why she bothered in the first place. She wasn't going on a date, was she?

Frustrated, she hurriedly picked a pair of black ripped jeans, a greyish-blue long-sleeved top and a pair of white Gucci sneakers. For her hair, she simply packed her abundant natural hair into a tight afro bun. She put on a pair of hoop earrings, did her edges, and applied some lip gloss, brown powder, and eyeliner. She wasn't a fan of makeup, either, and she was certain her makeup skills were pure wack. Nonetheless, she quickly added a few touches to her appearance: which involved putting on some of her Dolce & Gabbana perfume. The fragrance wasn't exactly ladylike, but she didn't even care. She stared at herself in her full-length mirror, and smiled. What else was she forgetting?

She stared again. Then realized she didn't have on her bling. She hurriedly grabbed her gold pinky ring which had the words: 'Boujee' decorated onto it, in gold, rhinestone-encrusted, italic letterings. She also wore another ring, which had a simple gold design on it, with the words 'Classy' on it. On her neck, she wore a gold necklace which had a a butterfly pendant, with diamonds encrusted on it. It was fake, though, but appeared real. She didn't want to get an original, because she didn't really like dragging attention to herself. Even though her father was insanely rich.

"You're looking nice." Pelumi suddenly walked into her room. And without knocking.

Kunmi rolled her eyes. She knew Pelumi would never stop that bad habit of hers. "Thanks."

"So... What's the occasion? You're getting all dressed up, and that's not what I get to see everyday. Where are your hideous sweats? And the ugly bed hair?" She snickered, and Kunmi smiled.

"Well, dear idiot, I'm going out. Since it isn't obvious enough." She said, and finally applied some more lip gloss. Her lips were practically glittering under the reflections of the numerous light bulbs in the room.

"Ooh!" Pelumi smiled. "Peju! It has happened oh! Come!" She suddenly yelled like a madwoman, and wouldn't stop wiggling her eyes at Kunmi.

Kunmi knitted her brows in confusion. "What's doing this one? Better calm down." She snorted, and Pelumi hissed.

"I'm calling my twin so we can celebrate this good news. Ah-ah. Norms na." Pelumi replied, and grinned. Now, she returned to yelling again. "Peju! Come naw!" She yelled again, and soon, Peju dashed into the room; panting.

"I came as soon as I heard the signal for gist." She stopped to catch her breath. "What's the gist?" She added, and finally collapsed on Kunmi's well-lain bed.

Pelumi chuckled, while Kunmi stared at the duo; awed by their behavior. "What's happening? I mean, are you guys losing your senses? And why's that one giving me ugly looks? Arrange your faces abeg!" Kunmi hissed, and finally sat down on the chair next to her vanity table.

She still had a few more minutes before Damola would arrive. "So... Who's the guy?" Pelumi suddenly blurted, and Kunmi stared at her; confusedly.

"Shey you high ni. You've taken a sip from the forbidden drink, abi?" She asked, and Peju laughed.

"Talk jor." Peju urged, staring at her, with keen interest knitted in her dark brown orbs.

Kunmi sighed. "I'm simply going out with a friend, and his-"

"Aha! 'A friend'... That's code for it's a guy, number one. And number two, that's code for you guys are dating. Or nearly reaching there." Pelumi smiled, and Peju immediately had a perky expression on her face.

"Yes, that's true. You did tell me about your boyfriend. So... He's going to be here? And you friggin kept this from me?" Peju feigned a shocked gasp. "I almost froze under the rain, for your sake. Sisters of the stormy weather, did you forget?" She added, and Kunmi chuckled.