Chapter 20

"Damola!" Chelsea yelled, as she hurriedly walked up to him. With a smile on her face, she linked arms with him and lay her head on his shoulder.

"My mom just arrived with my brother. Come say hi." She said, as she literally pulled him along.

Damola tried to free himself from her grip, but her sharp nails dug into his upper arm and she continued to pull him along. "Don't dare embarrass me in from of them, Damola. I warn you." She glared at him, and occasionally flashed some guests a forced, and apparently, fake smile.

Damola sighed. "You'd never get the memo, will you?" He slowly took her hands off of him, making sure to stare directly at her.
"I don't have time to play Pretend with you, and neither am I interested in meeting any other knucklehead related to you." He couldn't season his last words on time, but he ended up being thankful that he hadn't. Chelsea needed to understand that she was going on a fruitless journey. Things would never work between them.

"My mom and brother want to see you, Damola." She glared at him.

"Well, I do not want to see them."

She sighed. "Why on Earth are you being this way?"

"You don't actually expect me to answer that, right? Cause—"

"There you are, Damola!" A loud, feminine voice cut in and Damola turned around, to locate the owner of said voice.

A woman, who had a striking resemblance to Chelsea, was smiling at Damola like he were a trophy she owned. Beside her, was a really tall guy, who definitely had a few resemblance to Chelsea. The young man, just like his mother and sister, was light skinned. He had a muscular build, and a really intimidating physique. Worst of all, he looked like he could pass off as a wrestler, and he never even cracked a smile on his face. Not once.

"Congrats, you two." Mrs. Asogwa, Chelsea's mother, said to both Damola and Chelsea.

Chelsea broke a smile on her face, and hugged her mother. "Thanks, mom."

Whereas, Damola reluctantly managed a curt nod. "Thank you, ma."

"Congrats." The mean-looking young man, Chelsea's brother, said. He stretched a hand to Damola, and Damola shook it briefly. "Just make sure you don't hurt my sister. You'll be a dead man for sure, if you dare try it. Don't say I didn't warn you." He quickly said, not at all bothered by the glare Damola channeled his way. Nor the ones from his mother and sister.

"Don't say that, Lotanna." Mrs. Asogwa shunned her son. The young man, Lotanna, simply ignored her words.

"I've warned you in advance. Don't mess with my sister." He glared at Damola, who looked like he would erupt with rage in any minute.

"I don't need you telling me what to do," Damola scowled. "I'm not someone you should be giving orders or instructions, and you know why?" Damola smirked. "I never take them. I'm my own person... And I'd like you to know that you all are wasting your goddamn time. Chelsea's none of my business and—"

"Damola!" Angrily, Chelsea grabbed hold of Damola's arm, glaring swords and lasers at him. "How dare you even say that?!" She looked like she was at the brink of tears, and that made Damola scoff at her. He didn't want to hurt her at the beginning, and that was why he had been honest with her through the entire phase of this current madness. However, the girl chose to be stubborn, and that; he blamed her for.

Damola soon reached for Chelsea's hand, which were tightly gripping his right arm, and slowly pried them off. "Never," he glared at her. "And I mean, never," he glared even more, at her. "Grab me like that ever again." His eyes withheld disgust. And the moment Chelsea spotted that in his eyes, her eyes turned glassy.